Most of you will know Shield Arms for their novel 15-round flush-fit magazines for the Glock 43X and 48 pistols. The S15 magazine took what was already a great handgun and turned it into a contender that could keep up with guns released shortly after that featured 12-rounds or more as standard magazine capacities. Now Shield Arms is proud to introduce their new Glock 43X/48 Premium Magwell that is designed to allow for faster reloads and a better grip on the compact-sized slimline handguns.
More from Shield Arms @ TFB:
- Norden Knives: New Knife Brand by Shield Arms
- Shield Arms Drops the New Gen 2 S15 Ambidextrous Magazine
- New Glock 48 and 43X Basepads for Shield Arms Magazines from Taran Tactical
The New Shield Arms Glock 43X/48 Premium Magwell
The new Premium Magwell comes in at a price of $80 which might seem like a pretty steep price at first, but when you consider that cheaper magwells are made from polymer and that other aluminum flared magwells for the Glock platform fetch a similar price, the price seems justified.
The Shield Arms Premium Magwell for the Glock 43X and 48 helps to solve a problem that many people have run into with the pistols – not getting a solid grip on the guns. The Glock slimline pistols don’t have the most aggressive grip texturing out there but the magwell gives your hands a shelf that provides a more firm grip on the gun and prevents it from slipping.
The Premium Magwell is much larger than the previously released Shield Arms Carry Magwell and measures a quarter-inch longer and one-tenth of an inch wider further adding to its grip features. Each Shield Arms Premium Magwell will be sold for $80 from the Shield Arms store and currently only comes in black, although I’m sure Shield Arms will provide custom Cerakote finishes at some point in the future.
Speed up your reloads with the Shield Arms magwell for the Glock 43X/48.
- Machined from billet aluminum
- Type 2 anodized
- Contoured for increased grip when coupled with the S15 magazine and the S15 +0 base plate
- Made in the USA
- 100% Lifetime Warranty
- Fits Gen 1 and Gen 2 (ambi) S15 magazines, optimized for Gen 2 mags
- Gen 2 mags with Gen 1 or Gen 2 plastic base plates
- Gen 2 mags with +0 aluminum base plates
- Gen 1 mags with Gen 1 plastic base plates
- Not compatible with some frame modifications
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.