Composite rifle stocks offer shooters a lot of upgrades in terms of durability and longevity over traditional wood stocks. While a traditional wood stock can last years and can be durable in its own right, exposure to the elements as well as years of bumps and scrapes can take a nice wooden stock and slowly destroy it with repeated use. AG Composites has just announced a couple of recent upgrades they made to their popular Carbon K2 stock which makes it more user-friendly and also fits more in line with customer feedback that AG Composites has received since the release of the Carbon K2.
More from AG Composites @ TFB:
- [SHOT 2022] New Rifles From Bergara and CVA
- This is the Way – NEW Springfield Armory Model 2020 Waypoint Bolt Rifle
- ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS: H&K SP5 like Die Hard’s John McClane
Carbon K2 Stock Upgrades Announced by AG Composites
Carbon K2 Stock Specifications:
- Fixed Stock Average Weight: 31 ounces
- Adjustable Stock Average Weight: 40 ounces
- Overall Length: 32.25”
- Length of Pull: 13.5”
- Forend Width: 1.875”
- Aluminum block inside the forend from the tip of the stock to 1″ in front of the recoil lug. This can be drilled and tapped for different rails
- Aluminum pillars installed
- 1” Pachmayr Decelerator pad installed
- CNC-machined barrel channel
- Two swivel studs installed in the forend; One swivel stud installed in the buttstock.
AG Composites has upgraded the Carbon K2 with some new features including a beveled forend with a flat bottom to better contour to the human hand while still being able to accommodate Picatinny rail sections up to 8-inches in length. The Carbon K2 also includes ambidextrous thumb shelves, a vertical pistol grip, and a slightly rounded buttstock section for a more comfortable cheek weld. The Carbon K2 will also now be made available with an adjustable check piece at the cost of additional weight. As a final added bonus, AG Composites is also now offering the new Carbon K2 in a new Wintergreen Rogue camouflage pattern.
The new Carbon K2 stock can be made to fit both left and right-handed bolt-action rifles and is compatible with common rifle actions like the Remington 700 or clone options like the Defiance, Kelby, Lone Peak, Big Horn, Terminus, and many more. AG Composites has a suggested retail price of $679 for the fixed stock version of the Carbon K2 and a price of $749 for the adjustable stock version.