Ohio-based HM Defense have introduced their Stealth MS5, an integrally suppressed AR-15 with a patented monobloc barrel. Chambered in 5.56×45/.223, the Stealth MS5 weighs in at 7lbs 14oz (without a magazine). The rifle features HM Defense’s ‘Battle Ready’ bolt and HM Defense claims there’s no need for muzzle adaptors and no chance of baffle strikes or suppressor back off. MSRP for the Stealth MS5 is listed as $1,995.
HM Defense @ TFB:
- Monobloc Barreled Rifles from HM Defense
- HM Defense Introduces AVENGER M308 Rifle
- New HM Defense HMB AR-15 Bolt with Cam Pin Socket
The Stealth MS5 has a match grade 9-inch barrel with a 7.25-inch suppressor giving an overall length of 16.25in. The rifle has a carbine length gas system and a 10-inch free floated handguard with M-LOK mounting points. The CNC-machined handguard is made from 6061-T6 aluminum and was custom designed by HM Defense for the Stealth MS5. The barrel and suppressor are Cerekoted black while the upper receiver and mil-spec lower, forged from 7075-T6, is hard coat anodized black.
Here’s what HM Defense have to say about the Stealth MS5:
HM Defense, known for their patented Monobloc TM barrel, have developed the first truly integral, AR suppressed barrel that is not pinned or welded. The entire barrel, including the gas block and the suppressor is CNC machined from one solid piece of steel. The new integrally suppressed barrel offers the following advantages over traditional suppressors:
• No pinning, welding, or alignment of the gas block and suppressor.
No other attachment methods are used.
• Free floated for improved harmonics and accuracy.
• No suppressor adaptors to purchase or install.
• No gunsmithing fees for suppressor installation.
• No risk of loose suppressors.
• No risk of baffle strikes.
• Compact OAL rifle that does not require an SBR stamp.
Find out more about the Stealth MS5 over at HM Defense’s website here.