Sharps Bros has released a new AR-15 lower receiver dubbed Showdown. The new Sharps Bros Showdown lower receiver has a samurai mask/facial armor themed magazine well. It joins the Jack, Warthog, Overthrow and Hellbreaker in the company’s line of lower receivers with special magwell designs.
Sharps Bros @ TFB:
- Sharps Bros Forged Livewire AR-15 Lower Receiver
- Sharps Bros TOR (Thumb On Right) Vertical Precision Grip
- Now Shipping: Sharps Bros Heatseeker Chassis
- NEW Sharps Bros AR-15 Billet Upper Receiver
Sharps Bros posted the following on their social media pages about the development of the Showdown lower receiver:
This one has been a long time in the making. It started back in 2019 with @jsharps and @wdigeorge (@battlearms) collaborating on the design… It’s patent issued back in 2020. Corona, other projects, etc kept it in the dark till now. It’s complexity also required an evolution of our manufacturing and programming team to bring it to life. It’s here now though, it’s shipping and we’re excited to see what you do with them!
Below are the tech specs of the Sharps Bros Showdown lower receiver as seen on the company’s website:
- Threaded bolt catch pin
- An oversized integral trigger guard
- A beveled magazine flare that helps you load as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Machined top to bottom from 7075-T6 aluminum, a peak-strength corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy
- A hard coat anodize finish per MIL-A-8625, the anodizing model for model for most military and aerospace products
- Full compatibility with all mil-spec internal parts
- Full compatibility with all other aftermarket mil-spec upper receivers
- Full compatibility with PMags, Hex mags and other standard capacity magazines
- Multi caliber mark
- Weight: 10.7 oz
Tell us in the comments section what other components do you think would look cool in a build based on a Sharps Bros Showdown lower receiver.
Pictures by Sharps Bros, www.sharpsbros.com