Wilson Combat is well known for its customized 1911s, Remington shotguns, and custom-carry handguns. A short while ago they released their SFX9 solid frame carry guns to the market. The handguns offered a solid aluminum frame, double-stack 9mm magazines, and 3 or 4 inch barrel options for concealed carry. Now Wilson is offering a 5 inch SFX9 for those of you out there who prefer the sight radius of a full-sized 1911.
More Wilson Combat @TFB:
- Wilson Combat WCP365 Grip Modules for SIG Sauer P365 Pistols
- Wilson Combat Releases The New 15 Round SFX9 Pistol
- Lehigh Defense Joins Wilson Family of Companies
According to the Wilson Combat Website:
For those who prefer a full-size traditional 1911 sight radius and the velocity of a longer barrel, we are now offering the 5 inch SFX9. This version has a 5” bushing barrel top-end mated with our new SF (Solid Frame) lightweight full-size aluminum grip frame design with a 15 round flush or 18 rd extended magazine capacity.
The SFX9 frame is machined from solid T6-7075 aluminum that is rugged, comfortable, and sports an enhanced grip shape that enhances recoil control during rapid-fire and extended range sessions.
More rugged than competing guns made with two-piece grip/frame construction, the slim and flat SFX9 solid frame with the Wilson Combat X-Tac tread pattern improves control with a non-abrasive, comfortable grip in all shooting conditions. The 5 inch SFX9 is available for order with various trigger, finish and sight options, including machining for red dot sights.
The robust 15 or 18rd EDC X9 magazine is retained for the SFX9 and offers best in class reliability with a tube and follower system that was designed specifically around the 9mm cartridge by Mec-Gar, the industry leaders in double column magazine design.
The SFX9 slide assembly retains Wilson Combat’s “Enhanced Reliability System” (ERS) for 9mm 1911s. The ERS is tailored to the varying power levels of 9mm ammunition and maintains impressive reliability in all conditions, even when heavily fouled and low on lubrication.
Other cosmetic and performance features include a tri-top slide profile with user-replaceable front sight, match-grade 1911 barrel and bushing, reliability enhancing reduced frame rails, and a rugged, user-serviceable external extractor. The stainless steel slide wears the most advanced black DLC (Diamond-like-Carbon) physical vapor deposition finish available with chromium and tungsten underlayers for long-lasting corrosion and abrasion resistance.
The hand-fitted 5” barrel is painstakingly tuned by our gunsmiths for flawless reliability with a wide variety of target and defensive ammunition. Like the other EDC X9 models, the SFX9 can be field stripped without tools and can be completely disassembled using only a single punch.
Rugged, light, and easy to shoot-the 5” SFX9 by Wilson Combat will redefine your range experience.
- High-Capacity Compact Size, Solid Body Aluminum X-Frame with Reliability Enhanced Frame Rails
- Unique X-TAC Frontstrap/Backstrap Treatment
- Concealment Bullet Proof® Hammer
- Bullet Proof® Thumb Safety
- 3 ½# – 4 ½# Crisp Trigger Pull with Lightweight Medium Length Pad
- Bullet Proof® Magazine Release
- 5” Stainless Steel Tri-Top Slide with External Extractor
- Black DLC Finish on Slide
Unique X-TAC Rear & Front Cocking Serration Treatment on Slide
Heavy Machine Chamfer on Bottom of Slide
- Concealment Battlesight with Red Fiber Optic Front Sight with 4.40 Hex Head Cap Screw
5” Stainless Match Grade Barrel and Bushing with Reliability Enhancing Lock-up, Flush Cut Reverse Crown
- Fluted Chamber
- 30 LPI Slide Top Serrations
- 40 LPI Serrated Rear of Slide
- Carry Cuts/Ball Endmill Cuts
2 15-Round Capacity Magazines
- Armor-Tuff® Finish
- Ambidextrous Thumb Safety
- Sights – Green Fiber Optic, Red Fiber Optic, Tritium, Gold Bead
- Trigger Pad Length
What do you think? Comment Below!
All images from Wilson Combat’s website