There’s a chance you’ve seen an image or three of an AR-15 railed handguard that’s been split apart from being too close to a muzzle brake. Enter the new Midwest Industries MI-CRM17XR handguard, designed to stretch out flush with a muzzle device, while giving the percussive blast a wide berth. The MI-CRM17XR handguard is 17.5 inches long and includes a wide array of M-LOK mounting points and a full-length Picatinny top rail, all of which allow for a long sight radius for irons and an unhindered weapon light beam. Midwest Industries’ specifications can be read below.
Midwest Industries @ TFB:
- Midwest Industries Introduces New MI Scout Light Extended Mounts
- NEW AR-15 & AR-308 Lower Receiver Block From Midwest Industries
- New UZI Pro Stock Adapter from Midwest Industries
- Midwest Industries Side Folding Extruded Stock
Midwest Industries MI-CRM17XR Specs:
- 4140 Heat Treated Barrel Nut
- Barrel Nut and Wrench Included
- Features Patented 4140 Heat Treated Torque Plate
- 17.5″ overall length
- 13 oz Installed Weight
- 6061 Aluminum Type 3 Hard Coat Anodized
- Continuous MIL-STD 1913 Picatinny Top rail
- Two Integral Anti-Rotation QD Sling Sockets
- Super Slim 1.5” Outside and 1.3” Inside Diameter
- Seven Sides of M-Lok
- 5-Slot Polymer M-Lok rail included
- Fully Dehorned and Deburred
- 100% Made in USA- Keeps America Working
- MI Lifetime Warranty
Optional Titanium Barrel Nut and Titanium Clamp Screws Available for Purchase
Due to the many different dimensions in BILLET UPPER RECEIVERS on the market, please contact your billet upper receiver manufacture to insure fit of this handguard. This handguard is compatible with standard forged upper receivers.
NOT FOR USE ON GAS PISTON AR’s!
The new Midwest Industries MI-CRM17XR AR-15 handguard is listed at $254.95 on their website. If you’d like to see more of what Midwest Industries has to offer, you can view their main page, MidwestIndustriesInc.com, or follow their social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
What do you think about MI’s new free float handguard rail? How would you utilize the 42 M-LOK slots, and which muzzle device would you pair with it?
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.