The drop leg holster concept seems to be alive and well as Comp-Tac Holsters has just introduced their latest offering – the Kydex Single Point Drop Leg. Featuring compatibility with most 9-hole holster mounting systems, the Kydex Single Point Drop leg gives you a rigid base for your holster in an easy-to-reach location that won’t interfere with your other gear.
More from Comp-Tac and High Speed Gear @ TFB:
- The NEW Core Cummerbund From High Speed Gear
- Comp-Tac Introduces New Holster Fits for the Ruger Max-9
- New Comp-Tac CT3 Level III Polymer Holster
New Kydex Single Point Drop Leg from Comp-Tac Holsters
- Kydex® Material provides rigid base for holster or other equipment
- Attachment point compatible with CT3, CT2-A, CT2-H, International and QB Holster
- Attachment point also compatible with SQR and other quick disconnect systems
- Adjustable VELCRO® Belt Loop
- Adjustable elastic leg strap with integrated rubber gripper material and heavy-duty side-release buckle
Drop leg holsters are perfect for moving your draw position further down and away from other equipment while you’re all kitted up which is why many choose to field one over a more traditional holster setup when training or working in the field. The Kydex mounting plate is curved so that it fits the contour of your leg and is approximately 7 inches wide by 9 inches tall providing ample space for mounting holsters. In addition, the mounting plate has an adjustable horizontal strap with an integrated rubber grip material which should help keep your rig in place. Meanwhile, the plate also features a single-point vertical strap capable of being mounted to belts up to 2.5″ wide which should cover most duty belts and shooting belts on the market.
The new Comp-Tac Holsters Kydex Single Point Drop leg is available now currently only in black for a price of $50.00 directly from the Comp-Tac.com website.
What are your thoughts on this new offering from Comp-Tac? Do you use a Drop Leg Holster setup with your plate carrier or LBV? Let us know down in the comments.