Good morning everyone and welcome back to TFB’s Silencer Saturday brought to you by Yankee Hill Machine, manufacturers of the YHM Turbo K 5.56 rifle suppressor. Last week we got a look at the Seismic Ammo 2.5 ounce subsonic shotgun shells. For today, since it’s Christmas morning, let’s get a quick look at an upcoming review – the highly anticipated LMT ION 30 rifle suppressor. Can the trusted manufacturer of select fire rifles and grenade launchers also make high-performance suppressors? Let’s take a look.
More @ TFB:
- LMT Advanced Technologies Debuts ION 30 Suppressor
- TFB Behind The Gun Podcast Episode #28: Randy and Joe from LMT Defense
- Ultimate Guide: The SIG Sauer MCX Rifle, Carbine And Pistol Platform
For the whole story on the ION 30, you will have to tune in next week on New Year’s Day where we will compare it to other best-in-class suppressors. For what it’s worth, I had the ION 30 and the nine inch barrel SIG MCX out on the range Christmas Eve with a new shooter and both of us were impressed.
If you are lucky enough to not be working today, enjoy your time with friends, family, and loved ones. Be safe and we’ll see you back next weekend for another Silencer Saturday.
SILENCER SATURDAY #208: Santa Delivers The LMT ION 30
- MSRP: $899
- Manufacturer’s Site: https://lmt-at.com/product/ion-30/
- User Manual: https://lmt-at.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/ion-man-FC-2-10.29-all-web.pdf
- Approved for use in calibers from .17 to .300 Win Mag
- Keeps heat, flash, and dust/debris kick-up low
- Shoot multiple cycles of full-auto
- Made of 17-4 stainless steel, 4140 steel alloy, and Inconel
- The body is coated with Cerakote Armorer Black C-192 and the removable cap and base are treated with UltraOx.
- Laser welded construction