Savage Arms has just introduced their new micro-compact EDC handgun, the Stance 9mm pistol. With the introduction of the Stance, Savage marks their return to the arena of concealed carry and self-defense-oriented handguns and according to a press release by Savage, will only be the first in a new family of handguns to come further down the line. The new pistol features an 18° grip angle, ambidextrous controls, ported slide, and a removable chassis that will allow for interchangeable grips. Full details in the press release are below.
More from Savage @ TFB:
- Savage Arms Bolt-Action Pistol – The 110 PCS
- New 6.5 PRC Offering for the Savage Arms 110 Precision Lineup
- The Rimfire Report: Field Review of the Savage A22 Precision Rifle
Savage Introduces the STANCE 9mm Micro-Compact Pistol
WESTFIELD, Massachusetts – December 20, 2021 – Savage Arms is pleased to announce a new EDC handgun: Stance™. This micro-compact 9mm marks Savage’s return to concealed carry and self-defense and will be the first of a complete family of handguns built to the demanding standards of accuracy and reliability that have come to define Savage Arms.
“Since Savage was sold in July 2019, President and CEO Al Kasper publicly stated that Savage Arms would be a complete firearm company,” Robert Gates, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Savage Arms said. “Today, Savage is proud to announce its first step into what is the largest segment of the firearms market with the introduction of Stance, a micro compact 9mm pistol manufactured with premium materials, finishes, and features.”
“Stance is another momentous milestone for Savage,” Jessica Treglia, Sr. Brand Manager at Savage Arms added. “While this isn’t Savage’s first concealed carry pistol, and certainly not our first handgun, it has been more than a century since we focused on compact pistols purpose-built for every day carry. Stance is the first in a new series of handguns that will meet the accuracy and reliability standards that our customers expect, and a further demonstration of Savage’s commitment to build the best, most complete line of American made firearms.”
Stance utilizes a chassis as the serialized component of the pistol, which gives Savage the flexibility to offer a wide variety of grip frames that all feature aggressive stippling texture that wraps 360 degrees. Stance comes with two interchangeable back straps for small or large sized grips, both at the popular 18° angle, making Stance an intuitive and easy to control firearm.
- Includes (2) 18° interchangeable backstraps to adjust grip size
- Ambidextrous magazine release & slide catch
- Stippling grip texture for 360° secure fit with finger indexing
- Stainless steel slide with melonite finish for corrosion resistance
- Slide features a beveled front for easy holstering
- Ported, wide slide serrations for increased purchase
- Short, crisp trigger with short reset and wide, well-rounded face
- 3.2” stainless steel barrel
- Removable chassis for interchangeable grips
- Easy takedown with takedown lever, no trigger pull or tool needed for disassembly
- Snag free functional sights
- Ambidextrous manual safety & night sight models available
- Includes (2) magazines and hard case for protection
- Magazine capacity options range from 7, 8, or 10-rnd magazines available
- Package option includes Viridian® E-Series Red Laser
The pistol will start at an MSRP of $479 for the base models with package options topping off at $561 MSRP for the laser combos. Other features not mentioned in the press release or documentation seem to be a small trigger overtravel stop at the rear of the inside of the trigger guard, as well as a visual loaded chamber indicator. The pistol is available in Black, Flat Dark Earth and Grey colored grip frames. The slide and magazines, however, will remain black in color regardless of the frame color variation selected. What are your thoughts on this new micro-compact 9mm offering from Savage?