“Now I Have A Machine Gun Ho-Ho-Ho”. Yes, it’s a Christmas movie and no I still can’t afford an H&K SP5 (or a genuine MP5 for that matter). That being said, I can’t even really find any of them for sale these days despite it being more than a year since they were released into the US market. However, if you’re looking for a pistol caliber carbine that isn’t an H&K SP5 this holiday season, then I’ve gathered up some of the most popular (and some not so popular) pistol caliber carbines that are in stock and ready to ship just in time for you to make a new years resolution to not spend so much money on guns in 2022. Better get ’em before you commit!
The 9th Day of TFB’s 12 Days of Christmas: Pistol Caliber Carbines
The Ruger PC Carbine is a classic pistol caliber carbine and probably one of the most well-known right next to the infamous Hi-Point 9mm carbine. Featuring a convenient takedown system for quick disassembly and reassembly, the PC Carbine is a popular option for a backpacking gun that isn’t chambered in .22LR.
- Compatible with Ruger Security-9, SR, and Glock Magazines
- 16″ Barrel
- Takedown System for stowing in a backpack or scabbard
- 1/2×28 threaded muzzle from the factory
- Capable of mounting optics
- Comes with either one 17-round magazine or one 10-round magazine
- $649.00 from Brownells.com
While not the most desirable configuration of the SP5 platform, the SP5L still gets you 90% the way there and you could probably spend a few hundred extras to have the barrel shortened without too much trouble without running into any issues with NFA regulations. This configuration comes with a 16.5″ Navy Barrel complete with the famed tri-lug adaptor and all the other famous MP5 features like a paddle magazine release, fluted chamber, and that sweet, sweet HK slap. All that being said you’re still going to pay H&K MP5 prices for this goofy-looking version of the MP5.
- 16.57″ Navy Profile Barrel
- Comes with an elastic Bungie sling
- Compatible with all aftermarket MP5 parts
- Genuine H&K Diopter sights
- $3,012.99 from Guns.com (with financing available)
At about 1/3rd of the price of the MP5 and with a much more manageable barrel length, the CZ Scorpion Evo 3 is an often overlooked option when it comes to PCCs. The Scorpion has seen a lot of recent popularity with some people even opting to 3D print a vast majority of the firearm and just tossing in barrel and bolt kits. Since that isn’t an option for most of us, Palmetto State Armory and Guns.com bot have several configurations and colorings available of the Evo 3 and with a durable fiber reinforced polymer construction, you’ll have a nice compact PCC for some range blasting fun.
- Comes with low-profile fully adjustable front and rear sights
- Comes with one 20-round magazine
- Barrel threading is available in 18×1 RH and 1/2×28
- Ambidextrous controls
- $1,199.99 MSRP but currently on sale for $999.99 from Palmetto State Armory
One of the cooler PCCs on this list, at least for me, the B&T SPC9 Pro is available in both 9mm and .40 S&W calibers and features a tri-lug adaptor, M-LOK accessory slots, M4 compatible grips so you can swap the stock on out for any type you’d like, and best of all has completely ambidextrous controls. These come right from the factory ready to be fitted with a pistol stabilizing brace or proper stock if you’d like to go the NFA route. The pistol caliber carbine is also available for use with standard B&T magazines as well as SIG P320 and Glock magazines.
- Swiss-made quality firearm
- B&T magazines are available in 30, 25, 20, and 15-round configurations
- Tons of accessories straight from B&T including suppressors
- Glock and Sig Magazine compatibility
- 9mm Glock Magazine compatible version available from Guns.com for $2,421.00
The KRISS Vector went almost as fast as it came onto the market. Featuring a novel and useful recoil mitigation system, the KRISS vector in its .45 ACP full-auto configuration was an extremely manageable submachine gun/pistol caliber carbine. If you’re not a fan of Picatinny rails, the rail can be swapped for one of KRISS’s MK1 modular rails. Now available in the much less expensive 9mm variant, the KRISS Vector is still a great option for those who want to LARP as a space marine.
- 6.5″ Barrel
- Comes with one 17-round magazine
- Includes mini Picatinny handguard
- 1/2×28 threaded muzzle with included thread protector
- Available for $1,887.99 from Guns.com
While it looks like an AR and smells like an AR, the SIG Sauer MPX is anything but another blowback 9mm AR platform. Using a gas-operated short-stroke tappet system with a rotating bolt, the MPX runs much cleaner than a traditional blowback 9mm pistol caliber carbine. This special LE version comes complete with a Timney MPX trigger, M-LOK handguard, folding and telescoping M4 style stock, and a 3-chamber recoil reducing compensator. This particular MPX configuration is popular as a competition gun.
- Comes with one 30-round Lancer Magazine
- Timney MPX Trigger
- 3-Chamber Compensator
- Extended M-LOK Handguard
- Folding Stock
- Compatible with M4 grips
- $2,019.99 from Guns.com
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.