Accessory rails are more common than ever on modern sporting arms. While these rails offer many advantages, (including the mounting of foregrips, lights, and laser aiming modules) there are also a few drawbacks. Aluminum rails can heat up quickly and they don’t always offer a positive grip with sweaty or wet hands. Enter Walker Defense Systems with their NILE Silicon Carbide M-Lok Rail Panels.
Walker Defense news @ TFB:
The rails are available in three sizes and can be ordered in three or four packs. The Walker Defense website also allows you to custom order any combination of panels up to four each as a set. There’s also an option for a Rubber Cleaning Wedge to remove dirt and grime from the panels, ensuring they maintain their hold and don’t clog up. NILE M-Lok Rail Panels are available now for order on Walker Defense’s website and are 100% made in the USA.
The NILE Silicon Carbide M-Lok Rail Panels
In order to bring you the most advanced panel covers for your M-LOK® rail, we chose to abandon the status quo and design with innovation and functionality at the forefront of our minds. Our NILE rail panels offer the shooter an unrivaled gripping surface and excellent thermal resistance in a slim, ultra-lightweight profile (each panel weighs approximately 7 grams alone). Silicon carbide is inlaid by hand into each rail panel to provide an aggressive gripping surface but recessed into the panel itself to lower the chance of unintended snagging on nearby items such as clothing. The panels themselves are made from a heat-resistant polymer providing thermal insulation for your hands while maintaining a minimalist profile
- Quantity: 3 or 4 packs Available
- Inlaid Texture: Silicon Carbide
- Rail System: M-LOK®
- Length: 1,2, or 3 M-LOK Rail Slots
- Weight: Approx. 7 Grams Per 3-Slot Panel, approx. 5 Grams Per 2-Slot Panel, approx. 2 Grams Per 1-Slot Panel (Per panel, without screws and T-nuts)
- Orientation: Non-orientation specific
- Hardware: Screws feature anti-vibration patch to prevent loosening
- Material: Heat-resistant Polymer
- Includes: 1/8″ Allen wrench for installation