Springfield Armory is a company known for their battle firearms. From the iconic 1911 to M1As and AR-15s, we all know what Springfield is about and they make tremendous firearms at a great value. It is not often they can truly surprise us with the unveiling of a new product, but once in a while even some of the most seasoned shooters get caught off guard – weren’t we all surprised by the Waypoint? Well, today they pulled back the curtain on an exciting project that is another AR-15 rifle, but unlike anyone you have likely seen before. The Springfield Armory Saint Edge ATC – Accurized Tactical Chassis – is officially here!
Springfield Armory News @ TFB:
- Springfield Armory Announces Ronin EMP Pistols
- NEW Springfield Armory Garrison 1911 – Affordable & Accurate
- Springfield Armory Introduces New Emissary 1911 Pistols
- Springfield Armory Announces New XD-S Mod.2 OSP Variants
Some of you might already be in shock of the appearance and departure from the normal look of an AR-15. What Springfield Armory sought out to achieve – and they have – is to eliminate nearly all influence on the barrel for the most accurate AR-15 possible. Your older brother’s plastic handguard M4 has a barrel whip from the “Go!” Your more modern Springfield Saint Victor with a free-float M-LOK rail has significantly less influences pushing on the barrel, but some still exist. This radically different-in-appearance Saint Edge ATC and its monolithic lower look to remove almost all outside forces on your AR-15 for the most accuracy possible. Springfield Armory explains more about the Accurized Tactical Chassis they have chosen to deploy below:
The heart of the SAINT® Edge ATC system is the patented Accurized Tactical Chassis monolithic lower. Machined from 6061 T6 aluminum, the lower receiver is designed to remove any contact with the barrel, barrel nut and gas system. This completely free-floated system is the foundation of the SAINT Edge ATC’s unparalleled accuracy.
- Caliber: .223 Wylde
- Color: Coyote Brown
- Barrel: 18″ Ballistic Advantage with Melonite® Finish and 1 in 7″ Twist Rate
- Upper Receiver: Forged 7075 T6 Aluminum, Type III Hardcoat Anodized, Coyote Brown Cerakote H-250, Forward Assist, M4 Feed Ramps
- Lower Receiver: ATC Chassis, Machined 6061 T6 Aluminum, Type III Hardcoat Anodized, Coyote Brown Cerakote H-250, QD Mounting Points
- Bolt-Carrier Group (BCG): M16 w/ Carpenter 158 Steel Bolt, HPT/MPI, Melonite®
- Gas System: Direct Impingement Mid-Length, Low-Profile Pinned Gas Block
- Handguard: Integral to ATC Chassis, M-Lok®
- Stock: B5 Systems Coyote Brown Precision Stock
- Trigger: LaRue MBT Flat 2 Stage
- Muzzle Device: SA Muzzle Brake
- Receiver Extension & End Plate: Mil-Spec, QD
- Buffer Assembly: Carbine “H” Heavy Tungsten Buffer
- Charging Handle: GI Style
- Safety Switch: Single Side
- Trigger Guard: Integral to Receiver
- Grip: B5 Systems Coyote Brown Type 23 P-Grip
Initially, Springfield Armory is going to be offering the Saint Edge ATC in two offerings. The standard or base model in black will go for an MSRP of $1,549 with the moniker of Saint Edge ATC .223 Wylde (SKU: STA918223B). The 2nd more upgraded selection will punch in at an MSRP of $1,899 being dubbed the Saint Edge ATC Elite .223 Wylde in Coyote Brown (SKU: STAE918223CB).
The appearance of this new rifle from Springfield Armory might look like the love child of a SCAR and some other futuristic gun, but the Saint Edge ATC is truly a one-of-a-kind design. Whether that peanut butter (Coyote Brown) look is to your liking or the timeless black curb appeal, I am excited to take this for a spin to see just how accurate it can possibly be. As always, let us know all of your thoughts in the Comments below! We always appreciate your feedback.