During the winter months or for those who like to open carry on a regular basis, retention becomes much more important. Comp-Tac has just released their new CT3 Level III outside the waistband holster. This new addition to the Comp-Tac lineup features three levels of retention, a belt-mounted design, and allows a full grip on your handgun before fully withdrawing the firearm to present it. Comp-Tac also claims that the new CT3 features one of the fastest draws in the Level III holster market.
More Holsters @ TFB:
- Bianchi Leather’s NEW Weathered Series Holster Finishes
- NEW Fits: Blackhawk Expands Stache and T-Series Holster Lineup
- Bianchi Releases NEW Shenandoah Convertible Hybrid Holster
New Comp-Tac CT3 Level III Polymer Holster
The CT3 accomplishes its three levels of retention first from friction, then an ejection port lock, and finally followed by an articulating rear hood. The intention with the CT3 is that you’re able to attain a “master grip” on your firearm before fully withdrawing the weapon from the holster. The autolocking ejection port lock and self-activated hood system mean that the CT3 optimizes your draw to make it one of the fastest Level 3 holsters according to Comp-Tac. Finally, the CT3 will be made available for a generous amount of handguns both with and without weapon lights.
- 3 levels of retention
- Available for fits with lights and without lights
- Belt mount is designed to keep the firearm from canting into the wearer’s leg
- Allows for a Master Grip before fully withdrawing the firearm
- Hood can be released without releasing firearm
- One of the fastest draws in the Level 3 market
- Very intuitive to use
Earlier this summer, Comp-Tac teased the release of the CT3 but it is now confirmed to be in stock and shipping to customers and currently covers a lineup of various CZ, Glock, SIG, and Walther firearms and will be available for both left and right-handed shooters as well as in four different color variations (Black, Coyote Brown, LE Blue, and OD Green). The CT3 Level III Holster from Comp-Tac is currently listed at a price of $150.00.