No, that is not an Allen Engineering AEM5 over-the-barrel suppressor pictured above. That is an OCM5 from Otter Creek Labs, a relatively new and up-and-coming manufacturer causing a stir in the world of rifle suppressors. The quietest 5.56 silencer I have ever shot is the AEM5 on the end of an MK12 – it almost makes you believe that ‘hearing safe’ is a label that can be applied to supersonic rifle rounds. Now the Otter Creek team has set out to modernize the iconic Allen Engineering suppressor by making it quieter, lighter and with less backpressure.
An updated version of the quietest AR-15 suppressor ever built? Yeah, I’m going to have to try this out. See you on an upcoming Silencer Saturday.
Additional details about Otter Creek Labs can be found below.
AEM5 @ TFB:
- Allen Engineering And The Silencer For The MK12
- TFBTV Guns of SOCOM Ep. 2: The Mk12 Special Purpose Rifle + AEM5 Silencer
Otter Creek Labs OCM5
The PR30L is a mid weight, long, ultra quiet, precision rifle silencer with a 30 caliber bore.
When creating the PR series of silencers the goal of Otter Creek Labs was simple – create a silencer optimized for long range shooting and competition that performs better and offers the same or better features than other popular precision rifle silencers at a more affordable price… We’re very proud to say we’ve achieved that!
Features and overview
- Designed specifically for long range precision rifle shooting and competition with substantial recoil reduction, minimal POI shift and has shown slightly improved accuracy on all rifles during testing.
- Constructed of titanium with a 17-4 H900 heat treated blast baffle to ensure a long, erosion free life even when running direct thread.
- Threaded 1.375×24 industry standard “ASR” threads the PR30L gives you the ability to use mounts from area 419, EA Thunder Beast adapter, SilencerCo, Griffen, Dead air, Torrent, Q, YHM and many more. The possibilities are endless and you’re not confined to one companies proprietary mounting system.
- Length: 8.36 with no mount, 8.77 with included direct thread adapter
- Weight: 15.2 oz with no mount, 17.1 oz with included direct thread adapter
One piece Over The Barrel (OTB) adapter for ops inc 12th model, AEM5 and OCM5. Made from H900 heat treated 17-4 steel this one piece adapter will allow you to mount your silencer to any barrel with 1/2×28 threads that is .75 OD or less with a minimum of 2.95-3 inches of exposed barrel. Made with integrated wrench flats in the rear for easy installation or removal with any adjustable crescent wrench.
This adapter will work on 11.5 inch AR15 barrels when a low profile gas block is being used, will not work with a front sight gas block on 11.5 inch barrel.
Mounting requirements for OTB adapter:
- 1/2×28 barrel threads
- OD of 0.75” or less
- 2.95” of exposed barrel