For shooters who want to suppress calibers larger than .308, there’s a new contender hitting the market. The SilencerCo Hybrid 46M is their latest multi-host release, capable of suppressing everything from .22LR to .45-70 Government and almost everything in between (I’m going to guess that .410 buckshot is off the menu). It’s the high-pressure, large diameter rifle rounds that are going to be the Hybrid 46M’s real bread and butter. There are very few options at this caliber range, and I believe that the Hybrid 46M is currently the only modular option available. Check it out.
SilencerCo @ TFB:
- SILENCER SATURDAY #194: Pistoling With The SilencerCo Omega 36M
- SilencerCo Science: Metering Guns From Call of Duty Modern Warfare
- SilencerCo Science: The Quietest .22LR Silencer Hosts
- SILENCER SATURDAY #190: The Quiet Multitool – SilencerCo Omega 36M
Thanks to SilencerCo, I’ve had about a week’s worth of trigger time behind the Hybrid 46M. I’ll have a full review available this weekend on TFB’s Silencer Saturday; I’m just waiting on an order of 550gr subsonic .45-70 Gov’t cartridges from Detroit Ammo/I.Q. Munitions. I won’t lie, I’m pretty excited for this range test.
Details, specifications and other information can be found below.
SilencerCo: Introducing The Hybrid 46M Big Bore Modular Suppressor
SilencerCo Introduces the Next Generation of Large Bore Suppressors: The Hybrid 46M Multi-faceted Modularity Evolved
October 12th, 2021 — West Valley City, UT — SilencerCo is excited to announce the newest addition to their product line, the Hybrid 46M: the world’s first modular large bore suppressor. It is the natural evolution of the original large bore suppressor, SilencerCo’s Hybrid 46, with the added benefit of being modular, giving shooters the option of using it in either a short or long configuration. The Hybrid 46M and all other SilencerCo products are available at SilencerCo Retailers.
Effectively reducing the sound signature of everything from 9mm to 10mm and 5.56 NATO to .458 SOCOM, the Hybrid 46M takes it to the next level for those who want the versatility of the Hybrid 46 with added modularity. It is compatible with virtually every centerfire firearm platform due to its wide range of available attachment accessories.
“The Hybrid 46M is the perfect tool for shooters hoping to suppress a variety of calibers on both pistols and rifles with only one suppressor,” said Dewie Vieira, SilencerCo’s Senior Product Development Specialist. “It’s the first modular big bore suppressor ever; it’s the answer for those who want to suppress every small and large bore caliber.”
The real beauty of the Hybrid 46M, however, is that it allows the shooter to remove the front module, providing a shorter and lighter option that is especially useful on handguns. While SilencerCo’s Omega 36M is still the best modular option for .30 caliber pistols, the Hybrid 46M gives shooters the ability to suppress big bore pistol calibers like 45 Auto and 10MM.
Included in the MSRP of $1,117.00, the Hybrid 46M ships with a multi-tool, a spanner tool, an ASR mount, a .46 caliber front cap and a .30 caliber front cap — everything the shooter needs to get started.
- Includes Charlie ASR Mount, Charlie .30 Cal Front Cap, and Charlie .46 Cal Front Cap.
- Compatible with the Charlie ASR Mount, all Charlie Direct Thread Mounts, Charlie Piston Mount, all Charlie Front Caps, all ASR Muzzle Devices, Pistons and Tri-Lug
- Short Configuration: weighs 12.2 oz. & Measures 5.78 inches
- Long Configuration: weighs 14.9 oz. & Measures 7.72 inches
- Rated for all centerfire pistol and rifle calibers including 45 Auto, 10MM, .450 Bushmaster, .458 SOCOM, .45-70, .338 LM and up to .460 Weatherby Magnum.
- Constructed of Titanium, Inconel and 17-4 Heat Treated Stainless Steel
- Full-Auto Rated