If you’re a first responder, military, or law enforcement officer, you’ll no doubt be familiar with the litany of discounts and options there are available to you through reputable firearms manufacturers. Smith & Wesson’s popular American Guardians Program has recently been updated to now include all honorably discharged veterans. This is actually a pretty big deal as there are always new veterans coming out of the armed forces, many of whom go on to be strong Second Amendment supporters.
Smith & Wesson @ TFB:
- POTD: Smith & Wesson’s M&P12 Shotgun
- NEW Smith & Wesson Shotgun: The S&W M&P 12
- New M&P Shield Plus XS Night Sights Now Available
- POTD: The Smith & Wesson Model 686 in .357 Magnum
Smith & Wesson Expands American Guardians Program to Include DD-214
According to Matthew Fehmel who is the Senior Director of Global Professional & International Sales and a veteran of the USMC, this new expansion of the American Guardians program is meant to serve as a “thank you” to the military, law enforcement, first responders, and now veterans.
We want to offer our gratitude to those Americans who have answered the call to service and have sacrificed so much to keep us all safe and free.
If you’re interested in taking advantage of the American Guardians program, you’ll have to check with your local retailers and FFL dealers to see if they are active participants. Those retailers who do participate in the program can be found through Smith & Wesson’s Dealer Locator and searched for by zip code. The American Guardians Program gives eligible persons (listed below) access to 53 unique models of firearms available to professionals, and discounts on firearms.
Individuals who may be qualified under this program include:
• Sworn LE (Law Enforcement) State, County and Local Agency Officers
• Federal LE Agency Officers
• Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers
• Retired LE Officers with credentials including Federal, State, County and Local
• LE Academy Cadets with Enrollment Documentation From the Academy
• State Licensed Security Companies and State/City Licensed Security Officers
• Federal Flight Deck Officers
• Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys
• First responders including firefighters and rescue personnel with appropriate I.D.
• Military: Active, Retired, Active-Reserve, National Guard
• Veterans, Disabled in any capacity or with an Honorably Discharged DD-214 or Form NGB-22
A copy of your credentials is required at point of sale in order to verify eligibility for the American Guardians Program.