There’s no shortage of new products coming out of the Pulsar factories this autumn. This time anyone looking to transform their riflescope into a night vision device should take a closer look. There are two products in this release: the Forward F455S and the Forward FN455S which comes with the Pulsar 5×30 monocular so you can use the device as a spotter.
Pulsar @ TFB:
- Pulsar Digex C50 Riflescope – Colour The Darkness
- TFB Review: Pulsar KRYPTON FXG50 – The Ultimate Thermal Vision Front Attachment?
- Pulsar Trionyx T3i Multispectral Binoculars – Fusion Night Vision
Below: This is what your riflescope could be looking into, with the help of a suitable adapter, transforming it into night vision capability. With the new Bluetooth controller, you can change the settings without letting go of your shooting position.
There is also a new high-power invisible Pulsar Ultra X940S IR illuminator and a four-point bayonet adapter to attach the NV device to riflescopes with a lens diameter between 40 to 56 mm.
Below: Pulsar Forward F455S
Here is the press release in full from Pulsar NV:
Forward F455S / FN455S: enhanced vision and control
Yukon Advanced Optics Worldwide is pleased to announce the release of the new Pulsar digital night vision Forward F455S / FN455S. This brand-new devices provide a hunter with an enhanced nighttime vision and simplified control.
Pulsar Ultra X940S IR illuminator: the invisible power
The Forward F455S / FN455S is supplied with the new high power invisible Pulsar Ultra X940S IR illuminator, which illuminates in the range of 940 nm. The optical power of the IR illuminator is 700 mW, or 3 times higher than that of the IR illuminator of the previous Forward F455 / FN455 models.
The higher the power, the higher the illumination of the observed object at a distance on a night hunt as well as the range and the probability of a correct target recognition and identification.
The three adjustable IR power levels provide a choice of preferred effective illumination in specific observation conditions, while the design of the illuminator allows spot position to be corrected in the field of view horizontally and vertically.
The wireless Pulsar BT remote control: forget the buttons
The push-button control of the Forward F455S / FN455S is complemented with the Pulsar wireless Bluetooth remote control. Thus, you won’t need to reach for the buttons to adjust the brightness and contrast of the image, to start a video recording, or to select a particular function from the menu bar. The Pulsar BT remote control completely duplicates the control of digital functionality of Forward F455S / FN455S.
The Pulsar BT remote control can be placed on any convenient part of the fore-end or rifle butt allowing the hunter to control the optical device while staying focused on the hunting process at the same time.
Otherwise, Forward F455S / FN455S is the same reliable and proven digital night vision attachment for hunting optics.
Main features of Forward F455S:
- Easy transformation of an optic sight into a night vision device: design of the attachment ensures stability of the point-of-impact when re-focusing the attachment at various distances.
- Adapters of various mounting sizes: reliable four-point bayonet, different options for mounting on optical sights with a light diameter of the lens from 40 to 56 mm.
- Shockproof magnesium alloy housing: the Forward F455S is fully waterproof featuring an IPX7 level of protection and high shock resistance allowing the use with large caliber hunting rifles such as 12 gauge, 9.3×64, .375H&H.
- Integrated video and sound recorder: keep the best moments of observation and share them with your friends and hunting colleagues. One touch of a button is enough to capture an interesting moment or to start a video recording.
- Wi-Fi integration with iOS and Android devices via the Stream Vision 2 application: connect the device to your smartphone for wireless software updates, real time transmission of the images, remote control of digital functions of the device, and many other opportunities. Registered users are provided with a free cloud storage.
- The rechargeable battery IPS7 (6.4 Ah): up to 9 hours of operating time on a single battery charge. Quick-release and wireless design.
The Forward is supplied in 2 versions:
- SKU# 78189 Digital night vision attachment Forward F455S.
- SKU# 78199 Digital night vision device Forward FN455S (in a set with the Pulsar 5×30 monocular for the use of Forward as a night vision device).
At this point, we do not have a price, but both the Forward F455S and FN455S should be available around November – December 2021.
Find out more about Pulsar’s new devices here: www.pulsar-vision.com
Would you prefer a digital night vision or thermal device?
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.