When it comes to hunting big-game one of the most trusted offerings of ammunition on the market for decades has been Remington Core-Lokt. It is affordable, offered in a multitude of common cartridges, and delivers strong performance when it matters most. Now, Remington has announced a new series of ammunition dubbed Core-Lokt Tipped that takes their “deadliest mushroom in the woods” and makes it even more potent on game animals.
Remington Ammunition @ TFB:
- Big Green Back On the Shelf: A Message from Remington to You
- Remington President says Remington Ammunition is Back in “Full Swing”
- Remington Ammunition, Under New Ownership, Launches New Website
The original offering of Remington Core-Lokt has always performed well, but by adding an enhanced polymer tip to the ammo they now have something with an even truer flight, flatter trajectory, and devastating terminal energy. Some of the other notable properties touted by Remington with this ammunition can be read below:
- BIG GREEN POLYMER TIP – Improves long-range ballistics, in-flight accuracy, and initiates rapid expansion
- PROVEN CORE-LOKT JACKET – Tuned for optimal performance on big game
- MATCH-GRADE ACCURACY – Center of gravity adjusted rearward to maximize accuracy
- POLISHED BRASS – Factory-fresh Remington brass of the highest quality
- POWDER – Premier propellent blend specially chosen for optimal performance
- PRIMER – Dependable Remington primer for fast and sure ignition
As described above and in Remington’s YouTube video, there is a lot more than meet’s the eye when it comes to Core-Lokt Tipped. Here at TFB, we have covered Remington Ammunition’s restart into producing ammo for all of us and that surprisingly included the development and birth of this new offering. Remington Ammunition’s Director of Marketing – Joel Hodgdon – shares his thoughts on everything Remington from the past year:
We’ve been talking about Big Green’s comeback all year and nothing says Remington like Core-Lokt. We have made many advancements since restarting the Remington brand and working 24/7 to get ammunition on the shelves. But this is the biggest news yet. Team Big Green can’t wait to get Core-Lokt Tipped in the hands of dedicated Remington fans that have depended on classic Core-Lokt for decades in the deer woods.
Keeping in line with the vast offerings that Core-Lokt was always known for, Core-Lokt Tipped will be available in 13 different cartridge offerings in standard 20-count boxes at its debut (with inevitably more on the way). All of those offerings can be read below with their associated MSRPs.
- .243 Win 95 Grain | MSRP $41.99
- 6.5 Creedmoor 129 Grain | MSRP $46.99
- .270 Win 130 Grain | MSRP $46.99
- .280 Rem 140 Grain | MSRP $50.99
- 7mm Rem Mag 150 Grain | MSRP $54.99
- .308 Win 150 Grain | MSRP $46.99
- .308 Win 165 Grain | MSRP $46.99
- .308 Win 180 Grain | MSRP $46.99
- .30-06 Sprg 150 Grain | MSRP $46.99
- .30-06 Sprg 165 Grain | MSRP $46.99
- .30-06 Sprg 180 Grain | MSRP $46.99
- .300 WSM 150 Grain | MSRP $61.99
- .300 Win Mag 180 Grain | MSRP $58.99
The timeliness of this new ammo introduction by Remington could not be more perfect with it being September 1st, the air getting crisper every morning, and hunting seasons imminently on the way. For those who use rifle cartridges to hunt big-game, which round would you be willing to try first?… I, for one, have planted myself on the 6.5 Creedmoor bandwagon and would love to see how some of their ammunition performs on whitetail deer in Minnesota. As always, let us know all of your thoughts in the comments below! We always appreciate your feedback.