Suppressing a .45-70 lever action rifle is one of my life goals. Carrying a suppressed “Planet Gun” (my term for a firearm chambered in a caliber that can take down any species on Earth) is simply awesome. And yes, I realize that Blue Whales are probably resistant to even the heaviest .45-70 rounds. But shelling out nearly $1K for a silencer that may only see a few shots a year is not something that my budget can handle. Enter the Dead Air Primal – a multi-caliber suppressor with a host of mounting options for practically every firearm imaginable. So instead of having a suppressor that just sits waiting for your next T-Rex hunt, you’ve got a true caliber-eating machine. Details below.
Rifle Pictured: Henry Big Boy X in .45-70
Dead Air Silencers @ TFB:
- TFB Review: Henry X Series: Suppressed Leverage
- SILENCER SATURDAY #183: Put On Your Dead Air Mask!
- Dead Air Sandman-S Suppressor in Limited Run FDE
- SILENCER SATURDAY #157: 300BLK Vs. 7.62×39 – The Dead Air Nomad LT
- [TFB GUNFEST] Dead Air Nomad-LTi and Xeno Mounting System
Stay tuned for a more comprehensive review of the Primal on tomorrow’s Silencer Saturday.
BIG BORE BEAST: The Dead Air Primal Is A Caliber Eating Machine
The multi-purpose .46 caliber Primal. Optimized for big caliber high-pressure rifles, but adaptable enough for your pistol – and everything in between.
Extreme versatility makes it the king of multi-platform shooting. Direct thread simplicity, quick-attach Keymo, accuracy-driven Xeno, pistol boosters, and 3-lug for subgun fun, are all made possible thanks to our industry-standard 1.375”-24 rear threads and our newly engineered HUB to P-Series adapter.
To get you started, we’re including a 5/8-24 direct thread insert and the HUB to P-Series adapter. The Primal is ready for Nomad, Wolfman, and Ghost compatible mounts, right out of the box.
From 9mm to .45 ACP, and 45-70 to .338 Lapua, like a rabid beast the Primal will eat just about anything you give it. If you only want one silencer (to begin with), the Primal is it. Feed it what you want, mount it how you want. Your gun is waiting.
HUB mounting system compatible. Use direct thread, Xeno, or Keymo, and with the included HUB to P-Series adapter, the Primal accepts 3-lug and booster adapters.
- Product Page: https://deadairsilencers.com/products/primal/
- MSRP: $769
- Buy At Silencer Shop: $TBD
- Rating: .458 caliber with energies up to .338 Lapua
- Length: 7.9″
- Weight: 16.5 oz.
- Diameter: 1.618″
- Materials: 17-4 Stainless Steel
- Finish: Nitride thread insert, high temp Cerakote® silencer
- Mount: Ships with 5/8-24 insert and HUB to P-Series adapter
- Compatible Quick Detach System: KeyMo Xeno Adapter
- Compatible KeyMount Flash Hiders:
- 1/2×28 (SCAR 16)
- 5/8×24 (SCAR 17)
- Compatible KeyMount Muzzle Brakes:
- KeyMicro Brake
- Compatible with Xeno Mounting System:
- Xeno Adapter
- Xeno Flash Hider
- Xeno Brake
- Fixed Mounts:
- Additional Accessories:
- Flash Hider End Cap 7.62
- Flash Hider End Cap 5.56
- Front Cap 7.62
- Front Cap 5.56
- Front Cap 6.5
- Front Cap Tool