Halfbreed Blades is a manufacturer of high-quality knives designed for survival and emergency situations. Their newest blade is the MIK-03 Medium Infantry Knife made from Austrian K110 (D2) steel. The knife will feature a drop point as well as partial blade serrations. It was designed with the main focus being on durability within the battlespace.
More Knives @ TFB:
- NYPD Busts Ninja Turtle Hideout and Confiscates Weapons
- New Recon 1 Series Tactical Folders Introduced by Cold Steel
- A Wooden Legend: New Leggenda Folding Knife from WOOX
Halfbreed Blades Introduces the MIK-03 Medium Infantry Knife
- Description: Medium Infantry Knife
- Action: Fixed Blade
- Blade Steel: K110 D2 (59-60 HRC)
- Blade Edge: Polished Partially Serrated
- Blade Finish: Teflon Coated
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Length: 5.31″ (135mm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.25″ (6.5mm)
- Handle Material: G10
- Handle Thickness: 0.98″ (25mm)
- Overall Length: 10.43″ (265mm)
- Sheath Type: Molded Kydex
- Sheath Weight: 4.40oz. (125g)
- Knife Weight: 11.18oz. (317g)
- Overall Weight: 15.58oz. (442g)
- Mounting: Belt
The new blade will feature a one-piece full tang design made from 6.5mm Bohler K110 (D2) tool steel. The steel choice makes it both durable and easy to maintain a sharpened edge. The entire blade except for the leading edge will be covered in a hard-wearing, low friction Teflon coating to mitigate glare and protect against corrosion. The knife will be made available in either OD Green, Tan, or Black Teflon coating and will come with a matching belt sheath which also features eyelet holes for alternative attachment methods.
The MIK-03 Medium Infantry Knife also includes a set of US-made G10 handle scales with an ergonomic design and secured by steel Torx hardware. The knife features an extra-large handguard which aids to optimize control and prevent injury while using the knife. The blade terminates with a crusher pommel that is optimally designed for breaking glass or hammering objects and also features lanyard holes. The MIK-03 Medium Infantry knife is available now direct from Halfbreed Blades at a price of $295.00 AUD (about $210.00 USD). Halfbreed Blades also has several US-based dealers that you can contact to order the MIK-03.