More than five years ago, I published a review on the MicroMOA Govnah, a tool-less adjustable gas block with a three-setting push plate. Today, even though the Govnah is no longer available, I still believe that gas regulation is an important part of shooting a suppressed direct impingement AR-15 rifle. And I’m always on the hunt for innovative gas block designs. RIFLESPEED offers a gas block that can be opened up or closed down with a simple twist of the wrist. Don’t worry, if you have a longer barrel or a longer handguard, RIFLESPEED has models with varying lengths of adjustment rings to get a solid grip. The only possible downside I’ve noticed so far is the need for a proprietary straight gas tube.
Gas Blocks @ TFB:
- SILENCER SATURDAY #88: Best Adjustable Gas Blocks For The AR-15
- New Low Profile Adjustable Gas Block From Aero Precision
- SILENCER SATURDAY #16: Gas Regulation And You
- Wilson Combat Bullet Proof Adjustable Gas Blocks
My simple advice for everyone looking to fine-tune their AR-15 gas system: before making any modifications, shoot your rifle both suppressed and unsuppressed and with a variety of ammunition types and evaluate performance. If you need some form of gas regulation, consider using a qualified gunsmith before making any modifications.
Details and pricing on the RIFLESPEED adjustable gas blocks can be found below.
Over-Gassed? Take A Look At RIFLESPEED AR-15 Gas Controls
- MSRP: $249.99
- Current pricing at publication: $199.99
- Manufacturer Website: https://www.riflespeed.com/RIFLESPEED-Gas-Controls_p_12.html
- Compatibility Chart: Check here
- Installation Instructions: Check here
- Maintenance Guide: Check here
The revolutionary RIFLESPEED™ Gas Control System (US Patents #US20200116446A1, #US10724812B2, plus additional patents pending) makes controlling your rifle’s gas flow reliable, repeatable, and foolproof. Need more gas? Turn it up. Need less gas? Turn it down. With the easy-to-grasp Control Knob, it’s that simple and no tools are required. The highly visible numbering on the Control Knob ensures that you’ll always know your setting. Return to a previous setting instantly by simply turning the Control Knob. Each setting is indicated by a highly tactile “click” for use during times of reduced visibility. Two separate rotation ranges with numbered settings 1-12 and multiple Plunger sizes cover the adjustment requirements for every available cartridge. The patented Rotation Stop feature prevents unintentional disassembly. Uses RIFLESPEED straight gas tubes.
Designed for the most rigorous Military or LE Duty Use, RIFLESPEED Gas Controls are also ideal for defensive use, competition, recreational shooting, or hunting. RIFLESPEED Gas Controls are durable and proven to perform through tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition spent in developmental and destructive testing. Gas Controls from RIFLESPEED are the ultimate solution to the problems of operating hard-use carbines in varying conditions, configurations, and environments.
With complete control of the gas that’s delivered to the action of your rifle with each shot you’ll enjoy increased reliability, reduced recoil, reduced muzzle rise, less aiming disruption, less wear and tear on your rifle, and improved accuracy. Set your RIFLESPEED Gas Control for ideal performance with light commercial ammo or higher-pressure milspec ammo. Dial your gas system in for ideal performance in extreme heat or frigid cold conditions. Enjoy optimal performance with or without a suppressor. With a properly adjusted gas system you can eliminate the need to use exceedingly heavy buffers. Once you experience the advantages of using a RIFLESPEED Gas Control, you’ll never want to shoot anything else.
- Tool-free adjustment
- Distinct numbered settings for easy status identification and repeatability
- Multiple lengths available for use even while tucked under extended handguards
- Modular design allows user-level configuration and maintenance
- Rotation limited to avoid possibility of unintentional disassembly
- Works with .223 Remington/5.56x45mm plus 300 AAC Blackout, .308 Winchester/7.62 NATO, 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel, and all other cartridges
- Currently available for barrels with a 0.750″ gas-block journal diameter. Additional sizes to follow
- No small springs
- No small detents
- No small screws
- No threads exposed to carbon
- Rotation of Control Knob is limited to avoid unintentional disassembly, yet no tools are needed when disassembly is required