The 1911 pistol (along with the M2) have withstood the test of time and ventured far beyond anyone’s expectations when it has come to their longevity. Further proof of that exists today with the addition of the new Bantam 1911 Carry pistol from SDS imports. This new fully-featured 1911 carry pistol packs loads of customer-requested perks including flush-fit magazines and improved G-10 grips.
More 1911’s @ TFB:
- New Custom 10mm 1911 on Offer from Kinsey’s and Fusion Firearms
- TFB Review: Nelson Custom Guns .22LR 1911 Conversion Kit
- Cabot Guns Reintroduces The National Standard Pistol
- HOT GAT or FUDD CRAP? Patriotic Perfection or just Faded Glory?
The New Bantam 1911 Carry Pistol from SDS Imports
1911 Carry Bantam Semiautomatic Pistol, .45ACP
– Hammer Forged Slide and Barrel
– Bobtail Aluminum Frame w/ Textured Front & Back Straps
– Commander Length Slide w/ Machined Lightening Cuts
– Flared and Lowered Ejection Port
– Ambidextrous Safety
– Combat Sights, U-Notch Rear w/ Fiber Optic Front
– Series 70 Internals
– 2: 8rd. Magazines, Cleaning Kit and Owners Manual Included (two 9-round magazines will be included with the 9mm version)
The Bantam 1911 pistol will be available in either 45ACP or 9mm and will come with two flush-fit magazines. The modernized 1911 will also feature a flared and lowered ejection port, ambidextrous safety, and combat sights with bright green fiber optic front sight for easy sight acquisition. The 1911 Carry Bantam will be available through distributors and will cost $1,199.95. While there are loads of feature-packed pistols out there that come in under this price level, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a 1911 pistol that has this many improvements made to it over a standard 1911 at this price point.
While 1911 wouldn’t be my first choice for carrying (nor would any US Military service pistol be), I know there are a ton of you out there who still swear by the platform and would love to carry one at all times if you could. The new pistol does offer a lot of carry-friendly features, most notably the increased magazine capacity, fiber optic front sight, and snag-free rear sights, so this may be a great option for those of you who are looking to carry a 1911 pistol.