With the introduction of new price thresholds for the Precision Rifle Series (PRS) specifically in regards to the Production Class, shooters have been struggling to get every advantage they can out of their rigs without crossing the $2,500 limit. MPA just introduced the Production Class-minded MPA BA PMR Pro Rifle II which will retail for $2,499.99 and will still include a ton of features that give shooters many advantages during competition.
MPA Guns and Gear @ TFB:
- MPA Announced as 2021 Precision Rifle Series Official Chassis
- Masterpiece Arms Introduces New Enhancements for the Bolt Action Mount
- Pork Chop Anyone? MasterPiece Arms New Purpose Built Varmint Gun
- The New Masterpiece Arms MPA Brass Catcher
New MPA BA PMR Pro Rifle II – The Production Class Killer
The new MPA BA PMR (Production Match Rifle) as said earlier has been designed from the ground up to meet the Production Class requirements for the 2021 Precision Rifle Series competition season. The rifle has already been approved for the Production Class division and offers many features while still maintaining the sub $2,500 price threshold for the class. The rifle will be available in 6mm Creedmoor, 6GT, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 PRC, 6 Dasher, 6BR, 6BRA, 6XC, 6×47 Lapua, .308 Winchester, and .223 Remington.
- Action: MPA/Curtis Short Action
- Bolt: 60 Degree Bolt Throw
- Chassis: MPA BA Competition Chassis
- Chassis Weight: 5 lbs.
- Rifle Weight: 12.5 lbs.
- Barrel: Lothar Walther Hand Lapped 416R Stainless Premium Barrel Blank
- Barrel Twist: Caliber specific
- Barrel Length: 26” (6.5mm and 6mm)
- Barrel Muzzle Thread: 5/8-24 TPI
- Barrel Profile: #M24 Contour
- Coating: Cerakote Chassis, Polished Barrel
- Length of Pull: 13.75 – 15”
- Trigger: Trigger Tech Diamond or Timney HIT Trigger
- Trigger Pull: Trigger Tech Diamond: 4 oz. – 2 lbs. (Customer Choice)
- Timney HIT Trigger: 6 oz. – 2 lbs. (Customer Choice)
- Magazine: 10 Round AICS Type Magazine Included
- MSRP: $2,499.00
The MPA PMR Pro Rifle II features a Lothar Walther hand-lapped barrel with a polished finish. Each barrel bore and its lands are inspected via a video borescope and each chamber is indicated within 0.0001″ or less to the bore of the rifle. While it would be nice to order one of these right away and get to practice with it, MPA hand makes all of their firearms, and lead times are constantly changing due to available supplies and current order volume. For an up-to-date view of MPA’s current lead and delivery times or to get more information on the new MPA PMR Pro Rifle II, you can visit the link here.