Ruger 10/22 has been a faithful companion for many shooters for decades and has more or less remained in the same configuration since its initial introduction. For those who don’t know, the 10/22 uses a V-block to secure the barrel to the receiver and keep it under the proper amount of tension. Sometimes this block can come loose and allow the barrel to sag and cause issues with accuracy. Grey Birch Solutions has introduced their new Fusion Receiver System (FRS) which features a new approach to a 10/22 barrel and action.
Ruger 10/22 @ TFB:
- The Rimfire Report: The Most Reliable Ruger 10/22 Magazines
- Spice Up Your Ruger 10/22 with these New Faxon Rimfire Barrels
- Ruger 10/22 Takedown Chassis by Crazy Ivan LLC
- TFB Review: KRG Bravo Chassis For Ruger 10/22
The New Grey Birch Solutions Fusion Receiver System
The Fusion Receiver System is boasting sub-moa accuracy right out of the box due to its unique attachment of the barrel to the receiver. The Fusion Reciever System uses a threaded receiver and barrels to mate the two pieces together into a unified whole which doesn’t allow the barrel to droop or shift. This should, according to Grey Birch Solutions, give your 10/22 bolt action-like accuracy.
The new Fusion Receiver System will come in two variants depending on what your intentions are for the new system. First, the Long Distance Ready (LDR) variant will feature an integrated 20 MOA rail and a 16.1″ barrel complete with 1/2×28 threads and a thread protector. The LDR Fusion Receiver System will be sold for $499.00. Another variant that has been announced but not listed on the site is the Red Dot Ready (RDR) variant which features a smooth top compatible with red dot optics without the extra height of the rail. The RDR variant will come with a 12.5-inch barrel and red dot plate system. (pictured below)
LDR FRS Specs:
- Barel Weight: 588 Grams
- Barrel Material: 416 Stainless Steel and Carbon Fiber
- Barrel Length:16.1 Inches
- Barrel Chamber: .22 Bentz (22LR chamber reamed to work better with match ammo)
- Receiver Weight: 214 grams
- Receiver Material: 6061-T6
- Rail: 20 MOA (RDR Model Does not include Rail)
- Finish: Clear Hard Anodized
The Fusion Receiver System will come preassembled from Grey Birch Solutions to ensure proper fitment and to ensure the correct headspace. Grey Birch Solutions warns against attempting to remove the barrel as this will likely result in damage to the components and void the warranty. Orders placed during June are expected to ship near the end of the month going into early July.