Recoil reduction and muzzle control are top considerations for today’s competitors and riflemen. While good training and discipline will help mitigate a lot of the muzzle rise and swat you get from firing an AR-15, compensators help further mitigate both felt recoil and muzzle rise. Ultradyne has just released their new Mercury Compensator which uses Ultradyne’s V-PORT system. The aim of the Mercury compensator is to optimize gas exhaust to primarily control muzzle rise while simultaneously reducing a large amount of felt recoil.
Ultradyne @ TFB:
- TFB Review: Ultradyne Apollo Max .223/5.56 Muzzle Brake
- Ultradyne Pulse Muzzle Brake In 5.56, .308 Win, And .350 Legend
- Clear for Take-Off! Ultradyne’s NEW Apollo Max .30 Cal Muzzle Brake
- Ultradyne Adds New C2 Iron Sights And C2 Offset Sights To Their Lineup
Ultradyne Introduces the New Mercury Compensator
MERCURY has been meticulously engineered for the .223 | 5.56 caliber to provide superior recoil reduction and neutralize muzzle rise with a smooth, balanced release of blast energy. Progressive 90º side ports vent combusting gases at intervals that spread out the recoil impulse for efficient, accurate follow-up shots. MERCURY is the choice for those seeking a compact, lightweight muzzle device with smooth recoil characteristics and Dynamount on-barrel sight compatibility. A timing nut is included for easy installation.
PROGRESSIVE 90 DEGREE PORTS
Ultrasmooth recoil reduction and minimal shooter distraction.
100% CNC MACHINED IN THE USA
416 Stainless Steel with ultra-rugged salt bath nitride finish.
Barrel-mounted sight option eliminates sight deflection associated with handguard mounting.
Mercury 223 | 5.56 Technical Specs
- Rated for the standard cartridges in the following calibers: 223 Rem, 5.56 x 45 NATO, 224 Valkyrie, 224 Weatherby Mag, 22-250 Rem, 222 Rem Mag, 222 Rem, 22 Nosler, 220 Swift, 22 PPC, 22 BR, 22 Hornet, 204 Ruger, 218 Bee
- MINIMUM BARREL LENGTH 12″
- BARREL THREAD 1/2-28 UNEF-2B
- BARREL THREAD LENGTH MINIMUM .600″
- 416 Stainless Steel
- Salt Bath Nitride Finish
- MOUNTING Shrouded Timing Nut
- Brake Only 87 grams | 3.1 ounces
- Total 110 grams | 3.9 ounces
- Length 62 mm | 2.43 inches
- OD 22 mm | 0.865 inches
- WRENCH FLATS 3/4 inch
While compensators are often frowned upon on the casual range firing line because of their increased noise, the Mercury is billed as a “range-friendly” compensator due to its three 90-degree side ports. The idea is that the gasses can be vented directly out of both sides while staying in front of the shooter for more controllability. The Ultradyne Mercury compensator is available now for $94.00.
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.