In an effort to support the very places that many of Vista Outdoors’ brands and customers love, the company has announced the launch of the Vista Outdoor Corporate Foundation. The non-profit organization is intended to support conservation and outdoor access efforts in order to preserve these things for future outdoor enthusiasts. Upon opening the foundation, an initial $3 million contribution was made.
Vista Outdoor @ TFB:
- Vista Outdoor Announces July Price Increases for Components & Ammo
- Sign Of The Times: Vista Outdoor Behind 1 Year And $1B In Ammo Orders
- Vista Outdoor Appoints NEW CEO with Christopher T. Metz
New Vista Outdoor Corporate Foundation Non-Profit Announced
The “Foundation” has opened up a new web page detailing their goals and funding request requirements for their potential non-profit partners.
Purpose, Vision & Commitment
To be known as a passionate outdoor company with the brands, products and culture that unite people around a shared love and responsibility for the outdoors.
To build powerhouse brands that empower people to achieve their goals and live their best outdoor lives.
- Put People First: A strategy is worthless without the right team. We recruit for, support and invest in talent that will be dedicated and confident employees who will deliver our long-term impact and success.
- Create Safe Environments: The well-being and physical safety of our employees, along with the safe design, manufacture and use of our products, is paramount to our purpose.
- Lead through Innovation: We challenge conventions and discover the unmet needs of our outdoor communities so we can create products to elevate the experience of our consumers. Pursuing innovation and maintaining high quality standards is in the DNA of Vista Outdoor, our processes and the performance of our products.
- Promote Stewardship and Participation: Our duty is to preserve wildlife and enhance the wild places where they live. We will be catalysts to advocate for policy that protects these spaces while ensuring responsible use and access for all. Furthermore, we will pursue sustainable business operations to ensure a light footprint on our environment.Funding requests will be considered from prospective non-profit partners that meet the following criteria:
- Recognized by the IRS as a Public Charity and headquartered in the United States.
- Have a mission and objectives that are aligned with that of the Foundation’s.
- Demonstrated track record in effective programming, organizational and financial management.
- Have an ability to demonstrate the impact of its programs and share progress against stated objectives with the Foundation.
The Vista Outdoor brand list is quite extensive with many reputable firearms companies being represented. Vista Outdoors also has many other outdoors-related brands under their umbrella as well and it seems like having a non-profit entity to help support and protect the places that many of your potential customers will use is both a smart business move as well as an unquestionable mark of support for the conservation efforts surrounding the outdoors study. The Foundation will consider requests for funding from qualified non-profit organizations beginning in the Summer of 2021. More information on this process can be found at www.vistaoutdoor.com/Foundation.