Just over 2 years ago MDT acquired the CKYE-POD bipod from Ckye Thomas, owner of 406 Bullets. As you can see below MDT’s R&D has been busy developing and tweaking the base of this bipod and the Gen 2 is now ready.
The new MDT Ckye-Pod Gen2 is a very advanced bipod, with a lot of options and configurations. There are four leg lengths, several attachment options as well as cant and pan functionality. I haven’t used the previous Ckye-Pod, but I did play around with them and they gave a very good impression – like hand-built with a very high level of materials and craftmanship.
Here’s what MDT has to say about their new upgraded Ckye-Pod Gen2:
After much anticipation, we are proud to release the MDT CKYE-POD Gen2. Adding lockable pan, and a cant tension adjustment knob, the MDT CKYE-POD Gen2 is now tumble deburred for a smoother, more tactile feel. Check out the video below for a full story and outline of the MDT CKYE-POD Gen2.
The MDT CKYE-POD Gen2 was developed for the competitive shooter with a focus on strength, single handed operation and versatile configurations.
This bipod is a true work of art, featuring 3 locking positions from front to back – stowed, angled and down. MDT CKYE-POD Gen2 is in a league of its own with quick single-handed adjustable height, allowing you to achieve from 4.5” to 15.5” (standard leg length model), paired with 170 degrees of cant, 360 degrees of pan capability (sling swivel stud version does not pan), and an integrated barricade stop. Mix and match the independent leg heights and angles to create the perfect shooting position, every time.
The MDT CKYE-POD Gen2 comes standard with it’s own spiked foot/claw for ultimate traction on any surface. However, if you prefer rubber feet, the MDT CKYE-POD Gen2 will accept any Atlas style feet.
There are multiple different variants available for the MDT CKYE-POD Gen2, depending on which attachment point, leg length and which is your dominant hand.
- Picatinny Mount – Standard legs
- Picatinny Mount – PRS Short legs
- Arca Mount for Right Handed Shooter (Leftside Knob) – Standard Legs
- Arca Mount for Right Handed Shooter (Leftside Knob) – PRS Short Legs
- Arca Mount for Left Handed Shooter (Rightside Knob) – Standard Legs
- Arca Mount for Left Handed Shooter (Rightside Knob) – PRS Short Legs
- Arca Mount for Right Handed Shooter (Leftside Knob) – Double Pull Legs
- Arca Mount for Right Handed Shooter (Leftside Knob) – Triple Pull Legs
- RRS Mount for Right Handed Shooter (Leftside Knob) – Standard Legs
- Sling Swivel Stud Mount for Right Handed Shooter (Leftside Knob) – Standard Legs
MDT also did a video to present their new Gen2s, check it out below:
- Single-handed adjustment
- Provides ultimate traction with spiked feet (Compatible/interchangeable with other brands of feet)
- Crafted from hard anodized aluminum
- 170 degrees of cant – Now with tension adjustment knob
- 360 degrees of pan – Now lockable
- Quick release push button Picatinny mount OR Quick adjust ARCA / RRS dovetail mount
- Separate tension adjustments for pan and cant features
- Built-in barricade stop
- Tumble deburred for a smooth tactile feel
- Four leg length options:
- PRS Short (approx. 7.5″ collapsed, 13″ extended)
- Standard (approx. 9″ collapsed, 15″ extended)
- Double Pull (approx. 9″ collapsed, 18.5″ extended)
- Triple Pull (approx. 14.5″ collapsed, 36″ extended)
- Weight: 21 oz.
The price is from $599.95 and I can already now foresee the comments you’re going to write below. Then again these bipods are the “magic wands” in competition shooting, and the Ckye-Pod Gen2 certainly seems to be able to cast a few more spells than the competitors.
You can find a direct link here: Ckye-Pod Gen2 and begin your configuration.
Check out our recent TFB Review: B&T Industries Atlas Bipods and a Quick Guide to Attachments.