The Savage Renegauge shotgun was released a year ago and it is now time for the Competition version. The Renegauge Competition looks delicious in black and red, don’t you think? The barrel is finished with Melonite, while the receiver, magazine tube and extended Skeet2 Light Modified choke are finished in Cerakote.
Below you can see some of the details, including the choke and the Hi-Viz Tri-Comp front sight.
You get an extended magazine tube that increases capacity to a full ten rounds, and there’s a competition-ready easy loading magazine port of course.
Here is the product announcement from Savage Arms:
The Award-Winning and American made Savage Renegauge will change the way you think about semi-automatic shotguns. The Renegauge can handle the hottest high-brass and the mildest low-recoil shells with the same dependability. The patented D.R.I.V. (Dual Regulating Inline Valve) gas system ensures excess gas vents before it drives the bolt, resulting in consistent ejection, less felt recoil, and a lightning fast cyclic rate for dependably fast split times. The Renegauge has been designed to fit almost any shooter. Everything from length-of-pull to comb height and drop at the heel can be adjusted to fit.
- D.R.I.V. gas system
- Extended Magazine Tube (9+1)
- Matte black adjustable stock for length of pull, comb height, and drop & cast
- One-piece, chrome plated action bar assembly
- Chrome plated reciprocating components
- Stock rod buffer to reduce felt recoil
- Fluted barrel with melonite finish
- Carbon steel ventilated rib with red Hi-Viz® Tri-Comp Front Sight
- Competition-ready easy loading magazine port
- Oversized controls
- Extended Skeet2 Light Mod. Choke (.015”) (Beretta/Benelli)
- Red Cerakote Receiver, Extended Magazine Tube, and Extended Choke.
The stock is Monte Carlo style.
Are you brave enough for the red and black look? Is this competition shotgun missing any features you would have liked to see on it?