If you’re into 1911s and prefer to use a dot instead of the iron sights Ed Brown now has an updated version of their KC9 model which combines the old with the new. It’s a 9x19mm with an overall length of 7.5″, in black stainless steel. The capacity is 9+1, which should be plenty enough if you know how to handle the Vortex Venom with its 6 MOA red dot.
All of the features you love about the KC9, now equipped with a red dot sight! The 6 MOA dot promotes rapid target acquisition, while providing a precise point of aim. Optimized for the 9mm caliber, the KC9 retains 100% 1911 controls and handling characteristics, but re-designed to take advantage of modern improvements such as the external extractor, easy-to-change front sight, bull barrel, and a flat wire recoil spring system. The re-engineered slide has been shortened to 4″, thinned substantially for weight reduction, and includes a unique 7-top custom cut, with special front and rear serrations. A recessed slide stop completes the package.
Hand-built completely from fully machined components, loaded with custom features, and backed by a written Lifetime Warranty.
The technical specifications are as follows:
Barrel Length: 4″
Overall Length: 7.5″
Overall Height: 6″
Slide Thickness: .860″
Weight: approximately 35 ounces with an unloaded magazine inserted
• 4″ slide, thinned substantially for weight reduction.
• Single stack Bobtail® frame.
• Exclusive Snakeskin treatment on forestrap and Bobtail® housing.
• 7-top custom cut slide with special front and rear serrations.
• External extractor.
• Easy to change black front sight.
• 6 MOA Vortex Venom® red dot sight.
• Bull barrel.
• Guide rod with flat wire recoil spring system
• Custom options included: recessed slide stop, flush barrel with recessed crown.
Last year RSR Group, Inc. announced the addition of Ed Brown’s products. You can read more in the RSR Press Release here.
You can find more information about the EVO-KC9 here.
What do you think about red dots on handguns like this? What’s your preference?