If you missed your shot at purchasing Cabot’s twin meteorite 1911’s, there is still hope for you to buy a high-end pistol from the Pennsylvania-based company. Today we’re looking at the newly introduced Cabot Apocalypse.
When the Apocalypse was first released, it sold out within 48 hours. With lead times of 18 months, it’s going to take a while to get your gun, but the company is graciously accepting orders for delivery in 2022.
What happens when finesse meets function? Enter the Cabot Guns Apocalypse, a pistol that sacrifices nothing in terms of either style with the use of layered Damascus Steel or performance. The Apocalypse is crafted from the ground up as a fighting handgun for the enthusiast who is unwilling to compromise. Inspired by a bespoke custom created for one of our clients, the concept was too great not to replicate.
Conquest, War, Famine, Plague, and Cabot Apocalypse
The Cabot Apocalypse is a dream if you like options. It can be had in either full size or commander length, as well as .45 ACP or 9mm. It comes with a hand-fit, crown cut, flush fit, stainless steel match grade barrel with the option to come threaded. Each one comes standard with a rail, but buyers have the option to leave it off. Cabot Guns’s proprietary red dot mount is also available and is ready to mount a Trijicon RMR or SRO. The gun comes with the new Cabot Ledge rear sight, but tall suppressor sights are available for those who like a bit more peace and quiet.
Cabot lists the specs as such:
- Cabot Frame constructed from 416 Stainless Steel Billet
- Cabot Slide Made from Damascus Stainless Steel long tongue pattern, deep etched and our VC heritage finish
- Proprietary Hardening Process
- Polished Feed Ramp
- 13 degree front and rear slide serrations
- Lowered and Flared Ejection Port
- Flat Serrated Trigger set to 3.5#-4#
- Rhombus Cut Front Strap Checkering 24 LPI
- Rhombus Cut Checkering on Main Spring Housing
- One Piece Extended Magwell & Main Spring Housing
- Cabot Machined in Place Perfect Fit Ejector
- Cabot Billet One Piece Full Length Guide Rod
- Billet Ambi Thumb Safety (standard)
- Billet Scalloped – Idiot Scratch Proof – Slide Stop
- Billet Magazine Release
- Billet Beaver Tail Grip Safety
- Cabot Billet Constructed Barrel Bushing
- Cabot Reverse Dovetail Front Sight – Tritium Standard
- Cabot Ledge Rear Sight Standard (MRDS Mount and Optic Optional)
- G-10 Tactile Grips standard
- Integrated Frame Rail
- Two 8 Round Magazines (9 Round Magazines for 9mm)
- Cabot Bushing Wrench and Gun Lock
- Better than 1.5″ at 25 yards Accuracy Guarantee
The base price is $7,495. That sticker can run all the way up to $9,350, depending on desired options. If that’s within your budget, you can order directly from Cabot on their website. If that number means the end of the world, but you must have a Cabot, look at their other offerings. Treat yourself to more updates and gorgeous 1911 photos on their Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Let’s round out with a few more glamor shots: