For those wanting to get yourself a vintage M1911/A1, CMP Sales is opening back up for round two of sales until March 4th of 2021. For those unfamiliar, in order to get your hands on many of the items from the CMP store, you must submit an order form and the CMP store is allowing one CMP 1911 order form per customer, per envelope. Those that have already purchased 1911s from either the auction site or the random number generation system they use will not be eligible for the application process. Full details and a link to a CMP 1911 Round 2 Order Form Packet are below.
CMP Sales Open back up for Round 2 of 1911 Sales
- Please read all the instructions.
- Make sure you are using the correct CMP 1911 UNIVERSAL ORDER FORMS, in the top right corner under the pistol, it will say ROUND 2.
- Just insert the asked for information in the space provided. DON’T READ MORE INTO THE QUESTION THAN IT ASKS FOR.
- Where it asks for the FFL Name on the order form, that’s simply all we want, the name of the FFL to where you plan to have the pistol shipped once your order is processed. Note: it doesn’t say license #, address, etc. Just put the name of the FFL you PLAN on using to receive the pistol…that’s it! – “FFL information” means the actual FFL data, address and license verification that is provided once your RGN comes up and your order is processed. DON’T OVERTHINK IT.
- CMP (RIFLES) records will not transfer to CMP 1911, they are 2 separate entities. Your CMP customer number is not valid for CMP 1911.
- The 2A Form MUST be notarized in order to be accepted and to purchase a CMP 1911.
- We cannot accept a “Virtual Notary “
- The GCA is an acceptable CMP affiliated organization and can be used.
- At this time, we still cannot ship to the state of Massachusetts.
- With current problems the U.S. Postal Service is having, we suggest you send your order packet by Fed Ex or UPS.
- Please do not send your order packet “Signature Required”, half the time all the Post Person does is drop a notice in our mail box requiring that we go to the Post office to pick it up, we have neither the staff nor time to do so. Again, I would use Fed Ex or UPS as they provide a tracking number.
- It does not matter what color ink you use to fill out the order packet, only that we can read your writing.
When filling out the paperwork, please fill out 1A, 2A and the top of 3A only (leave ordering/quantity and payment information blank).
You can only order ONE 1911 from the CMP. If you already received an 1911 from the first round or through the Auction site, then you can not order another 1911.
What are your thoughts on round two of CMP 1911 sales? Will you be purchasing one? Leave your comments and thoughts below.