New to the binocular lineup from Vortex Optics is the Fury HD 5000 AB. These binoculars come equipped with a laser rangefinder, incorporating two very important features in the long-range shooting and hunting worlds: magnification and the ability to quickly determine your distance from the target.
It’s smart combining your binocular with your rangefinder, letting you carry less into the field without sacrificing any performance. What’s smarter? Taking the guess work out of long-range shooting by pairing that revolutionary new optic with on-board technology and connectivity that gives you in-display wind/drop solutions at the push of a button.
The Fury HD 5000 AB Laser Rangefinder Binocular
The Fury HD 5000 AB is full of features that the rusty, old binos my dad had in the garage could never dream of. The first is the XR lens coatings, meant to give a clear picture and some durability. The rangefinder is capable of ranging out to 5,000 yards on reflective targets. The Fury HD 5000 AB is also equipped with an onboard compass, humidity, barometric pressure, and temperature sensors.
- Horizontal Component Distance (HCD) – Displays the slope angle compensated for the target distance.
- Ballistics (BAL) – Displays the actual line of sight range and wind/drop solution.
- Scan Feature – Displays continuous distance readings while panning across a landscape. This feature is available with both HCD and BAL modes.
- Best Mode – Displays the strongest range result. This mode is intended to be the primary mode.
- Last Mode – Displays the distance of the farthest target captured. This mode is recommended for obstructed targets
- Full Crosswind Mode – Assumes any wind is coming perpendicular to the direction you are ranging. This mode is great for quick wind entry and simple shooting setups.
- Wind Bearing Capture Mode – Utilizes the onboard compass to keep track of wind direction regardless of the direction the user is facing. This mode is ideal if wind is coming from an odd angle, varying greatly in direction and speed, or you are frequently changing position and direction.
The Fury HD also pairs with the Fury HD app. Used in conjunction with the integrated Applied Ballistics® Elite solver, the app allows you to build custom profiles for your firearms. It also gives you access to a bullet database. It is also able to pair with Kestrel and Applied Ballistics Garmin® devices.
The MSRP of the Fury HD 5000 AB is $1,999.99. If you’re a hunter or long-range shooter, something like this could make the difference. If you want to know more, take a look at the product page. If you’re in the market for something else from Vortex, like one of their hunting scopes, head over to their website. Don’t forget to take a peek at their Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube channel for more updates from the company.
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.