In what has been a tremendously tumultuous year (to paint things lightly), many firearm manufacturers have put projects and product introductions on hold. None of us have crystal balls to gaze into the future, but it has been a difficult enough year for many companies to stay afloat. We have already witnessed the gargantuan group of Remington Outdoor Company go bankrupt. Nobody else wants to join that list. Springfield Armory is one company that is triumphantly charging forward with nearly all of their firearms in high-demand. In fact, Springfield Armory has taken their SAINT Victor and chambered it in 350 Legend to give hunters a more premium option for big-game hunting.
The 350 Legend round is still fairly new having been introduced at SHOT Show 2019 on January 21st of that year. Since its inception into the industry, it has found a home with hunters being a straight-wall cartridge that is legal for hunting in nearly all 50 states (legal in 47 states when announced in 2019). Not many modern sporting rifles have been chambered in it since its debut making the Springfield Armory SAINT Victor one of a select few. The full product specs for this new rifle can be read below as presented by Springfield Armory:
- CALIBER: .350 Legend
- COLOR: Black
- BARREL: 16″ CMV, Melonite®, 1:8
- SIGHTS: Low Profile Spring-Loaded Adjustable Flip-Up
- UPPER RECEIVER: Forged 7075 T6 Aluminum, Type III Hardcoat Anodized, Forward Assist, M4 Feed Ramps
- LOWER RECEIVER: Forged 7075 T6 Aluminum, Type III Hardcoat Anodized, Accu-Tite™ Tension System
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: Enhanced M16 w/ Nickel Boron Coated 9310 Steel Bolt, HPT/MPI, Melonite®
- GAS SYSTEM: Direct Impingement Mid-Length, Low-Profile Pinned Gas Block
- HANDGUARD: Aluminum Free Float w/ SA Locking Tabs, M-Lok
- STOCK: BCMGUNFIGHTER™ Mod 0
- TRIGGER: Nickel Boron Coated Flat GI
- MUZZLE DEVICE: SA Muzzle Brake
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: Mil-Spec
- RECEIVER END PLATE: QD
- BUFFER ASSEMBLY: Carbine “H” Heavy Tungsten Buffer
- CHARGING HANDLE: Style
- SAFETY SWITCH: Single Side
- TRIGGER GUARD: BCMGUNFIGHTER™
- GRIP: BCMGUNFIGHTER™ Mod 3
- MAGAZINES: (1) 5-Round
- WEIGHT: 6 lbs 12 oz
- LENGTH: 32.25″ – 35.5″
The current MSRP for the Springfield Armory SAINT Victor chambered in 350 Legend is $1,073. Many hunting seasons are wrapping up throughout the US so it is a bit late for sportsmen/sportswomen to jump in on this rifle and utilize it this year for big-game hunting. That does not mean it would not make a great Christmas gift though. The press release below outlining the SAINT Victor 350 Legend offers up some motivation for hunters to give it a try:
The SAINT® Victor rifle is now available in .350 Legend for hunting in states where straight-walled cartridges are required. The .350 Legend is the fastest production straight-walled cartridge in the world with an effective range of up to 250 yards and is perfectly suited for use in the SAINT Victor. Outfitted with a free-float handguard for increased accuracy and a 5-round magazine the new SAINT Victor in .350 Legend is purpose built for whitetail hunters.
So, there you have it. Springfield Armory has introduced another AR-15 in the new 350 Legend cartridge to give hunters everywhere something to think about for future hunting seasons. I, personally, have shot the 350 Legend cartridge in a few different platforms and am a fan of the round, but what do you think? Would you be willing to give this rifle a shot? As always, let us know all of your thoughts in the Comments below! We always appreciate your feedback.
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.