Sauer USA, a Texas-based part of the Blaser Group, has announced the introduction of new version of their premier hunting rifle, the S404 Synchro XTC, with a camo green carbon fiber stock.
Here’s Sauer’s full announcement:
San Antonio, Texas (October 26, 2020) – J. P. Sauer & Sohn, Germany’s oldest manufacturer of hunting firearms, is pleased to introduce the latest addition to its flagship S404 series – the Synchro XTC carbon-fiber, bolt-action rifle in camouflage green. Weighing 6.1 lbs., this lightweight rifle delivers unsurpassed German precision, world-class accuracy, and reliability in a bolt-action rifle.
The hand-laid, carbon-fiber stock features advanced recoil reducing properties in addition to a thumbhole and adjustable comb. The cold hammer-forged barrel is fluted for optimal balance and additional weight reduction. The crisp adjustable trigger features four different pull weights – from 1.2 lbs. to 2.7 lbs. Adjusting to the preferred pull weight is easy using the settings marked by Roman numerals just above the trigger.
“The Sauer 404 is the finest traditional bolt-action rifle engineered today,” said Jason Evans, CEO, Blaser Group. “The elegance, craftsmanship, precision and modularity of the S404 line is legendary, incorporating nearly 270 years of knowledge with 21st Century technology. The Synchro XTC camo green gives hunters yet another option in our popular flagship line.”
S404 rifles are designed and engineered to allow easy changing of bolt heads and barrels for quick caliber conversions. This modularity is an advantage for those who frequently travel to hunt. The S404 Synchro XTC is available in all current calibers in the S404 series.
- Carbon fiber Synchro XTC stock
- Infinitely adjustable stock comb
- Fully modular rifle concept
- High-strength aluminum receiver
- Scope bases integral with receiver
- Perfectly placed ergonomic manual cocking
- Trigger pull adjustable to four weights: 550 g, 750 g, 1000 g and 1250 g (1.2, 1.6, 2.2 and 2.7 lb)
- Individually adjustable trigger blade: 8 mm (.31 in) range in length of pull and 5 degrees to either side
- Cold hammer-forged barrel
- M15x1 muzzle thread
- MagLock magazine safety
- Receiver surface hard anodized in matte black
- SUS combination tool integrated into the front sling swivel
- Miniatur universal tool integrated into the rear sling swivel
The rifle is available in a large range of calibers including .243 Win, 30-06, 6.5 Creedmoor and 308 Win, as well as magnum calibers like .300 Win Mag and has an MSRP of $8,199. Find out more about the S404 Synchro XTC here.