Owners of Glock 48 and Glock 43X pistols take note: Taran Tactical has developed new basepads for the Shield Arms Magazines. The product will add 5 extra rounds of 9x19mm to your magazine, for a maximum of 20+1 rounds.
This new basepad is machined out of billet aluminum, after which it is hard anodized with four possible colors (Black, Flat Black, Titanium Gray and Coyote Bronze). All of the machining and manufacturing is done in the USA. The Taran Tactical Glock 48 and 43X basepads only work with Shield Arms® 15 Round Magazines. They will not work with the standard 10 round magazines.
Here’s how the company describes their product:
– Overall weight 0.8oz.
– Length, 1.25 inch.
– Patented proven push pin design.
– Super easy to attach and detach from the magazine.
– No specialty tools or devices required to disassemble.
– One piece design, no extra parts to possibly lose during disassembly.
– Fits the USPSA 140mm gauge.
– Works only on high-cap double stacked GLOCK OEM magazines.
– Holds 20+1 rounds of 9mm.
– The added weight helps the magazine drop free easily for faster reloads.
– CNC machined from billet aluminum.
– Hard Anodized.
– Made in the USA.
– Used and endorsed by World and National Champions Bob Vogel, the GLOCK Shooting Team, Randi Rogers, Allie Barrett, and of course Taran Butler.
The price is $39.99 per basepad, and they were available at the time of writing in Taran’s webshop. You can find a direct link to TaranTactical’s product page here.
Shield Arms can be found here.