American Built Arms Company (A*B Arms) has added more compatibility to their MOD*X GEN III Modular Rifle System. The MOD*X GEN III is now available for the Bergara B-14 which is Bergara’s performance rifle series featuring their world-renowned Bergara Barrel and 2 lug action. The full press release from American Built Arms is below:
Glen Rock, PA (September, 2020) – American Built Arms Company (A*B Arms brand) is proud to announce that their best-selling rifle chassis, the MOD*X GEN III Modular Rifle System™, is now available for the Bergara B-14 SA.
The A*B Arms MOD*X GEN III Modular Rifle System™ is a lightweight (3 lbs. 2 oz.), ergonomic, drop-in aluminum chassis. It serves as a modular foundation on which tactical accessories can be added according to the operator’s needs.
“We launched the MOD*X GEN III Modular Rifle system to work with all the different Remington footprint style rifles. The Bergara B-14 was a natural fit for the MOD*X GEN III.” said Adam Edelman, Vice-President and Co-Owner of American Built Arms Company. “The Bergara B-14 is known as a consistently accurate and quality rifle. The MOD*X GEN III chassis elevates the rifle to another level of accuracy.”
The MOD*X GEN III for the Bergara B-14 SA will retail for $599.99. It will be sold through A*B Arms’ Distributor and Dealer network and at www.abarms.com. The MOD*X GEN III is available for shipping.
MOD*X GEN III Specs:
- Designed and manufactured in the U.S.A. by a Veteran-Owned company
- Designed for Bergara B-14 Short Action – Right Hand
- Aluminum design, hard coat anodized to Mil-Spec Type III
- Easy to assemble, drop-in design
- 0 MOA built into Mil-Spec 1913 rail
- M-LOK Standard on three sides of the forearm for mounting equipment
- Lightweight, 13.5” free-floating modular forearm
- Will accommodate barrels as thick as the action
- Comes standard with:
- A*B Arms Fixed-Adjustable™ Urban Sniper Stock™
- A*B Arms SBR P*Grip™
- Designed to accept any AR-style butt stock and pistol grip
- Uses AICS-style magazines in .308 and .223/.300AAC
- Fixed stock version – Length of Pull adjustability of 10.62” to 15.69”
- Trigger well will accept after-market trigger systems
- Integrated push button magazine release located at the front of the trigger guard
- Weight: 3 lbs. 2 oz.
Having a quality rail system paired with your rifle is an all important feature and this one weighs in on the lighter end of the spectrum which should make it great for those taking their rifles out into the field on foot. Personally, I think 13.5″ of rail space is just enough to get your bipod out to a comfortable length without adding on too much weight. From the look of the chassis system, it seems like this might also be compatible with the left-handed version of the B-14 as well.