Griffin Armament has just released what is probably one of the more interesting releases in the suppressor world for me this year. The new CAM-LOK (Covert Application Mount – Locking) QD piston for tilt-barrel handguns. Normally, tilt barrel pistols are not compatible with suppressors without a booster and Griffin Armament has just introduced a way to make this process faster. The new system allows for rapid, secure mounting of pistol suppressors to handguns.
- CAM-LOK™ (Covert Application Mount – Locking) Patented Universal QD piston attachment system
- 3 mounting positions, 120 degrees separated for rapid mounting
- Forward taper surface locks in place with interfacing piston and drastically reduces or eliminates common baffle/end cap strikes
- Coarse threads are top cut to increase durability and wear resistance
- 3/4″ or 19mm wrench pattern accommodates socket wrench for secure and easy installation
- Compatible with Universal QD pistons (sold separately)
- Internal bore reduces side concussion and visual disturbance vs blind muzzle
- Total system weight is identical to legacy direct thread pistons
- QPQ Nitride finish for attractive, durable black finish
- 17-4 stainless steel material
- Also supports Universal Carry Comp
No longer do users need to worry about their pistol suppressors loosening during use (as with traditional fixed direct thread pistons). The CAM-LOK™ interface supports a 3/4″ socket wrench for installation with prevailing torque, and features a taper locking system, which encourages secure attachment, despite the piston still actuating for and aft during the firing sequence. The piston can be attached / detached in any one of three, 120 degree positions, ensuring there are no “false positive” interfacing positions to slow deployment of the suppressor onto the host firearm. Additionally, the manufacturing accuracy of the interface is held to Griffin Armament’s high quality standards for squareness, and concentricity, ensuring that each mounting position has similar and minimal POI shift influence. To support this, the mating pistons have all mating diameters and interfacing geometry qualified in a single operation, for tool quality accuracy and perfection. A similar manufacturing theory was applied to the barrel adapter for maximum alignment accuracy.
The addition of this universal mount is especially appealing to someone like me who has very few suppressors and constantly has to swap them between guns. This seems like it would be a great compromise for those who are looking to make the most out of a single suppressor. The CAM-LOK interface is $79.00 of Griffin Armament’s website and is available for purchase now.
Images by Griffin Armament