Following on the heels of last year’s SP5 release, H&K has just announced the release of the SP5K PDW – an MP5K PDW for those of us without deep pockets or OP orders from Uncle Sam. Like the SP5, the SP5K PDW is about as close as you can get to owning the real thing. Released in 2016, the SP5K was a new hope for H&K fans that were pleading for near clones of classic fully automatic German hardware. Although without features like a paddle mag release and traditional trigger housings, traditionalists were forced to either have a quality H&K gunsmith make the needed changes to a brand new $2,500 gun, or continue to wait.
The SP5K PDW features all the iconic traits of the roller delayed models of our youth: a three-lug barrel for suppressor attachment, paddle mag release, standard trigger housings and the ability to attach MP5K stocks (after you pay your $200 makers tax).
The new SP5K sells as a pistol without a brace. The MSRP is $2,799 and should be at dealers nationwide shortly. Grab them while you can – I suspect they will all be sold at the end of the first day.
More H&K MP5, SP5, SP89, SP5K @TFB:
- POTD: H&K SP89 Serial Number 1
- The Heckler & Koch SP5k is now available
- Exclusive: H&K Semi-Automatic HK SP5k (MP5K) and HK SC5SD (MP5SD)
- Ho Ho Ho: The New HK SP5 – Heckler & Koch USA Drops A Real MP5
- The H&K MP5 is BACK in the USA! Introducing the SP5
- POTD: Heckler & Koch MP5K in Full-Auto
- Heckler & Koch SP5K: The Civilian MP5K
Photos by Ryan Ogborn, TFBTV
Who wants a copy when you can own the real thing?
The SP5K-PDW is semi-automatic civilian sporting version of the ultimate close quarters weapon – The HK MP5K. The “K” designation is from the German word for short – kurtz; thus the K model’s shorter barrel and receiver.
But no matter the size, all SP5 and MP5 models share the same HK roller-delayed blowback operating system, which is legendary for its accuracy, reliability, and smooth shooting dynamic. Originally perfected on the Heckler & Koch G3 rifle, this system has been used on many HK firearms still deployed around the world. The SP5K-PDW was designed and manufactured to meet the definition of a civilian pistol. It is loaded with authentic features, like a 4.5” barrel with Navy-style threaded tri-lug adaptor, paddle magazine release, and fluted chamber.
The SP5K-PDW is manufactured in Heckler & Koch’s factory in Oberndorf, Germany. It retains many of the critical elements of the MP5 and MP5K, including its precision-machined components and attention to detail. This high level of quality and workmanship is a result of making civilian SP5 variants in the same factory, on the same lines, and by the same workforce that has been making MP5s for years.
- Caliber: 9mm x 19
- Operating principle: Recoil operated
- Bolt system: Rotating bolt
- Locking system: Roller-delayed blowback
- Magazine capacity: 30/10 rounds
- Cartridge case ejection: Right side
- Length: 13.8 inches / 350 mm
- Width: 2.40 inches / 61 mm
- Height: 8.66 inches / 220 mm
- Barrel length: 5.83 inches / 148 mm
- Weight (without magazine): 4.2 lb (2050 grams)
- Magazine weight empty: 30rd-6 oz/170 g, / 10rd-3.88 oz/110 g
- Trigger pull: 6.74-10.11 pounds-force / 30-45 N ( approximate)
- Return travel: .12 inches / 3 mm
- Trigger travel: .24 inches / 6 mm
- Sight radius: 10.2 inches / 260 mm
- Groove/land profile: 6 grooves, right-hand twist
- CONFIGURATIONS AVAILABLE
- SP5K-PDW 9mm with two 30rd magazines – 81000481 (UPC 642230261815) MSRP $2799
- SP5K-PDW 9mm with two 10rd magazines – 81000482 (UPC 642230261808) MSRP $2799
- Magazine, 9mm, 30 rounds – 206349S (UPC 642230254336) MSRP $80
- Magazine, 9mm, 15 rounds – 215610S (UPC 642230251809) MSRP $80
- Magazine, 9mm, 10 rounds – 239257S (UPC 642230255210) MSRP $80