TFB’s Photo Of The Day is a bit different today. We happen to have not one but two world exclusives captured in one picture.
First off we have a concept Tikka TACT A1, with a heavy stainless steel 24” barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor. The Stainless barrel looks magnificent and I almost forget that I tend to like Carbon Fiber barrels.
The photograph comes from FinnAccuracy and is published here with their kind permission. As you can see, it was taken on a very rainy day, but these things are no safe queens.
Did you know that the Tikka TAC changed the name to TACT in 2019?
To crown the concept, there’s a new riflescope from Steiner, called M7Xi 2.9-20×50 with the MSR2 reticle. This scope has not yet been officially released.
– Tikka TAC A1 concept/prototype with heavy SS 24″ barrel. 6.5CM
– New Steiner M7Xi 2.9-20×50 MSR2, Coyote Brown
– Finnaccuracy tweaks with buttstock and thumbrest pistol grip. FDE color. Grip angle also more towards prone shooting.
– Coarse and extended SS bolt knob.
– Mount by Spuhr SP-4902, FDE.
– Terminator T3 SS brake.
– TRG bipod with Finnaccuracy bipod adapter, TRG M10 monopod fitted (some dremel involved) to buttstock backward.
What do you think of the new Tikka prototype and the new Steiner riflescope?