MasterPiece Arms showcased their new Matrix Chassis system. It is intended to be their most customizable and ergonomic chassis yet. Focusing on one of the shooter’s most critical inputs into the rifle, the trigger press, MPA has labored to produce a product that will make the shooter’s grip and therefore trigger press more repeatable. They have achieved this by allowing the shooter to customize their grip interface in three different locations, the reach to the trigger in the grip/grip angle, thumb placement with a variety of shelves and trigger finger placement with the trigger finger support inserts. I haven’t done the math for myself but apparently, 5 grip options 3 thumb rest options and 4 trigger support options lead to over 100 different options.
Masterpiece Arms were some of the early adopters of the Arca dovetail into their chassis systems. That trend continues on the underside of their Matrix forend. Additionally, the option of Picatinny or Arca is available on the same spigot mount by simply flipping the mount over.
Here are the features and specs for the Matrix Chassis specs:
- Machined from 6061 aluminum
- MPA RAT System – Rapid Adjustment Technology – 1.5″ Acra Rail Built into the chassis
- V-Bedding system
- MPA buttstock with adjustable cheek riser and length of pull
- 2 of the 5 Different Grip Options (Please specify your choice of 2 grips at time of order on the notes section at checkout: Swept 1 (Small), Swept 2 (Medium), Swept 3 (Large) Vertical 1 (Small), Vertical 2 (Large). See photos for comparison of grip types)
- 1 of the 3 Different Thumb Rests (Please specify your choice of thumb rest at time of order on the notes section at checkout. See photos for comparison of thumb rests)
- All 4 of the Trigger Finger Supports
- Additional Grips, Thumb Rests and Trigger Finger Supports can be purchased separately.
- Front night vision bridge available in the following configurations:
- Option 1 = Standard night vision bridge
- Option 2 = Enhanced night vision bridge with enhanced night vision bridge length rail (rail is same length as enhanced bridge)
- Multiple QD sling swivel locations
- M-Lok Slots on Sides of Fore-end
- Durable Cerakote finish in a variety of Colors
- If selecting the Gun Candy Color, please specify the specific color on the notes section at checkout)
- Adjustable length of pull 13.5-14.75″ (can be reduced to 12.5″ upon request. Additional fee may apply)
- Recoil pad is adjustable for height and cant
- Adjustable cheek riser
- Inclinometer leveling system
- Built in Bag Rider with Butthook
- V4 Spigot Mount (Picatinny Rail and Dovetail Plate built in)
- 2 Round Holder
- Compatible with any AICS type magazines (Mag not included). Magazines available for purchase here
- 6.4 lbs
Also on display at the Masterpiece Arms booth was the new 22LR conversion kit for the Curtis Custom short actions. Of all the complete rifles and custom actions designed to shoot the 22LR, this was the only conversion kit I found at this year’s SHOT show. I really like the concept of using my existing action, trigger, chassis, and scope. The conversion requires a new bolt, ejector, magazine, and barrel of course. It takes Vudoo magazines. The bolt and ejector will sell for $475 and be available in March.