I swung by Salient Arms International’s booth at SHOT Show to get a look at two new AR-15s they are bringing to market early this year. First up is the new SAI GRY-L, a more affordable version of their current GRY AR.
Here’s some of the GRY-L’s features:
• SAI GRY Upper and Lower Receivers
• SAI Proprietary One Piece Fully Serviceable Rail w/ MLOK
• SAI / Radian Arms Charging Handle
• SAI Integrated Gas Key TiN BCG
• SAI Proprietary Box Flute Barrel Design
• Barrel Length: 14.5″
• Intermediate 45 Degree Gas System (5.56)
• AXTS 45 degree short throw safety selector
• BCM Gunfighter MOD 0 SOPMOD Stock
• BCM Gunfighter Grip MOD 3
• Magpul MBUS Pro Sights
The GRY-L is more or less the same gun as the GRY but doesn’t come with the instantly recognisable SAI proprietary Jailbrake or the Geissele Super Dynamic Combat (SD-C) Trigger. MSRP on the GRY-L will be $2399, down from the original GRY’s $3460. Like its big brother it will be available in Rifle, SBR and Pistol configurations at the same price point.
Salient’s newest rifle is the SAI GRN, which comes with a 16 inch barrel, Sailent’s new rail system and milspec trigger. The bolt carrier group is black nitride coated and the rifle comes with a Surefire flash hider. The GRN will be available in SBR and pistol configurations and will have an MSRP of $1699. Salient expect the new rifles to be available by the end of January with production ramping now.
Find out more at /www.salientarmsinternational.com