Sexy Action by Defiance Machine – The Ruckus
Earlier this year we proved that an action on its own can be sexy. It is now time again, as Defiance Machine release their Ruckus action in a Remington 700 footprint.
The new Ruckus bolt guarantees a headspace tolerance of +/- .001” action to action, and I don’t think I’m alone in appreciating when things are both made with the best tolerances and look good at the same time.
The new action is available in Tactical, Hunter, GA Hunter or an Ultralight profile.
As described by Defiance Machine:
Ruckus: Defiance’s New Custom Optioned Platform with Guaranteed Headspace Consistency
- Receiver made of pre-hardened aircraft certified 416 Stainless steel
- One piece bolt machined in one operation enabling guaranteed headspace tolerance of +/-.001″
- Bolt made of pre-hardened aircraft certified 4340 Chrome moly
- Receiver barrel threads are 1.0625” X 16 T.P.I. (Rem. 700 thread dia. And pitch)
- Integral mil spec 1913 (Picatinny) scope mount available in 0 and 20 MOA.
- Most rigid design for ultimate accuracy
- Works with detachable magazines, hinged floor plates, or single shots
- Medium length (Rem. SA) offered with AW magazine cut
- Actions available in Short, Medium, XM, and Long lengths to accommodate most popular factory chamberings and extended length hand loads
- All material pre-hardened prior to machining to prevent changing tolerances during heat treat.
- Receiver machined from one piece of pre-hardened 416SS.
- Wire EDM-cut, full-length lug ways result in smooth bolt operation.
- One-piece bolt made of pre-hardened aircraft-certified 4340 chrome moly machined in one operation enabling headspace tolerance guarantee of +/-.001″
- Primary extraction design significantly increases initial extraction and ensures smooth bolt cycling.
- Bolt face diameters available for all standard and wildcat cartridges.
- Extractors are M-16 type.
- Designed, as well as detachable magazines and single shots.
- Multiple magazine well cuts available for all of today’s popular magazine types including detachable boxes or single shot.
- Standard footprint for ease of stock selection and off-the-shelf custom fit.
- Receiver body
- Repeater or single-shot style magazine cut
- Bolt stop/side bolt release, spring, pin
- One-piece bolt
- Bolt fluting
- Bolt knob (ball, teardrop, tactical, long tactical options available)
- Firing pin/spring
- Cocking piece
- Bolt shroud
- Trigger pins
- Integral rail and recoil lug
The following pricing has been announced:
You can check out the Ruckus here: https://defiancemachine.com/actions/ruckus/
When I see this action I am tempted to start building a really nice high-end rig for Long Range Precision Rifle shooting. What about you? Do you like what you see?