CPX ReD Dot Pistols
On the Heels of their CPX-4 release, SCCY Firearms just unveiled their latest update to the CPX handgun series. The new series includes an already mounted Crimson Trace red dot to the CPX-1/CPX-2 or CPX-3/CPX-4 handguns. The new CPX Red Dot line will still retain the iron sights for those who want the option.
With the addition of the Red Dot, SCCY is making a strong case for the noticeable uptick in carry-optics popularity. Now for those that cannot afford a fully decked out carry optic gun from Trijicon and Glock, there is the new SCCY Crimson Trace Combo.
CPX pistols are made from 7075-T6 aircraft grade heat treated billet aluminum alloy combined with a stainless steel slide. The grip frame is fashioned from Zytel polymer with included finger groves and a reoil cushioned back strap. The addition of the CTS-1500 red dot is set to bring unprecedented features that more budget-minded individuals have never seen before.
The CTS-1500 boasts a ton of features for such an affordable optic. The sight includes an auto-dimming feature as well as more than 20,000 hours of battery life. The Dot is a 3.5 MOA red dot point which should be plenty accurate at defensive distances. The CTS-1500 that comes mounted from the factory to your CPX Red Dot pistol will retain the Crimson Trace 3-year factory warranty.
Personally, I am always excited to see more and more options become available on the carrier market. The more options we have the more likely we’re able to find options that work for our specific situation. Be sure to check out the SCCY website for more details on the new line of CPX Red Dot Pistols. All of the pistols will come in right around the $350 mark depending on where you get them from. SCCY has put the CPX-1RD at $349 and the CPX-2RD at $339 – both 9mm pistols.
- Magazine: Includes (3) double stack, 10 round capacity magazines. 1 with finger extension base installed and 2 with flat bases.
- Barrel: Machined from bar stock with 7 lands and grooves having a 1:16 right-hand twist. Featuring “QUAD-LOCK” technology for more repeatable accuracy.
- Receiver: 7075‐T6 aircraft grade heat treated aluminum alloy, machined from bar stock.
- Slide Quality: Stainless Steel available with Natural Stainless or Black Nitride finish.
- Grip & Frame: Made from Zytel polymer, with ergonomic finger grooves.
- Recoil System: All steel, fully encapsulated for ease of disassembly and reassembly.
- Slide Lock/Release: Steel with a Zytel over molded polymer extension for ease of operation.
- Hammer Firing System: Double-action only, internal hammer with inertial firing pin to prevent accidental discharge if dropped.
- Double Action Trigger: Specifically designed for shooter comfort and accuracy by designing the system to have a smooth effortless, consistent 9-pound trigger pull.
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.