Magpul is proud to introduce its latest advances in firearms furniture technology. The Magpul Bipod – Sling Stud QD. This bipod is able to mount on an Uncle Mike’s style sling swivel stud that is on almost every sporting rifle available on the market today. The quick detach function makes for easy mounting and quick adjustment if needed. Magpul boasts that this new bipod is the strongest and most fully-featured bipod available with direct sling stud mounting.
The new Magpul Biopod – Sling Stud QD
The most prominent advance for this new bipod is the Quick Detach sling stud mounting system. The QD bipod system takes the guesswork out of aligning and tightening that is inherent to most sling-stud mount bipods on the market today. The mounting system will self-locate and align perfectly every time. An oversized thumbwheel assists in the tightening of the mounting system to the sling-stud mount without the need for any special tools.
The bipod will come with two sized of non-marring rubber mounting gaskets to ensure an optimized fit and ideal load distribution suited to your specific rifle. As some forends are much wider and some are much narrower, the included gaskets should keep the mounted bipod secured and balanced. The best part of this system is that you don’t lose your sling-stud mount by putting the bipod on. The Magpul Bipod – Sling Stud QD includes a low profile Sling Stud of its own on the rear of the bipod mount.
The Magpul Bipod – Sling Stud QD is available now on Magpul’s website. The bipod comes standard in Black or Magpul’s very popular Flat Dark Earth (FDE). In addition to the features listed below, the bipod makes use of Atlas bipod style replaceable feet if yours get worn out from use. The Sling Stud QD currently retails for $129.95, a fair price indeed.
• Rapid-attach, self-locating stainless-steel mounting system attaches to Uncle Mike’s Sling Studs on narrow or wide forends, while also providing a quick detachment capability
• High strength reinforced injection-molded polymer, Steel and Mil-Spec hard anodized 6061 T-6 aluminum construction
• (+/-) 25 degrees of tilt about the longitudinal axis of the weapon for a total of 50 degrees
• Uncle Mike’s-style sling stud on rear of the mounting body
• Rapid leg deployment with efficient single-handed adjustability
• Quiet and positive leg deployment, adjustment and stowage
• Adjustable friction knob for setting tilt and ease of movement
• Individually adjustable leg lengths in 0.5” increments for a total of seven positions
• Removable rubberized feet are compatible with B&T Industries Atlas pattern replaceable feet
• Wide or narrow forends or M1913/M-LOK® adapters using the Uncle Mike’s pattern QD sling stud
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.