Previously we have, for instance, covered their Switchback. I don’t really use mine as advertised, but it’s got a steady place on one of my Surefire flashlights.
The VariArc is $29,99 which seems like a fair price for this clever little piece of Polymer and metal. It attaches to any standard dovetail-style helmet rails.
You can get it in either Black or Flat Dark Earth.
VariArc™ Helmet Mount
With positive indexing at forward, umbrella, and admin task angles, the Variarc™ Helmet Mount shines light where you need it.
The VariArc™ Helmet Mount:
- Positively locks in the forward index position
- Directs light through 360 degrees, due to additional 8 lower-force index positions
- Works in vertical positions for umbrella lighting rooms, canopy illumination, and IR signaling
- Can be used in downward angles for admin & task lighting
- Acts as a Picatinny Accessory Rail with 3 slots and 4 ridges
- Features retention holes on both ends for dummy wiring critical gear
- Mounts on standard dovetail-style helmet rails
- Has durable, reinforced polymer construction with steel hardware
- Designed and made in the USA
Conceived by Josh Jackson (SWAT-LEO) at LMS Defense, with input from other SWAT-team leaders and active-duty special operations soldiers, the VariArc helmet mount provides a full-featured mounting solution.
The locking teeth are biased to the forward position, keeping your light aligned for the most critical uses, but with a firm twist, the VariArc mount unlocks and rotates through 8 additional lower-force index points for administrative tasks and diffused lighting options.
Its small footprint and low-profile keep things tidy and the Picatinny Rail allows for maximum compatibility with visible and IR lights. The VariArc is built to remain fully functional through extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, sand, water, drops on concrete, and rough handling.
Compatible with standard 1913 Picatinny Rail Lights such as:
- Surefire Scout, X300, XH35, Vampire, XC1/2, and similar
- Streamlight TLR-1, TLR-VIR, TLR-7-8, and similar
- INFORCE APL, APLc
- Arisaka Side Scout Mount (Picatinny)
Adjust tension with a 5/64 inch hex key.
Here’s a video:
The Variarc™ indexing mount from Thyrm® is a no-compromise mounting solution for your helmet light allowing you do put light where you need it with a firm twist. 8 positions direct light up for umbrella and canopy lighting or down for admin tasks.
What do our helmeted readers think of the product?