Yesterday on social media, Magpul Industries posted an image featuring the scorpion-emblazoned jacket worn by Ryan Gosling’s character in the 2011 film “Drive”. They overlaid a date and teased “We’ve got good news for Scorpion fans tomorrow. Stay tuned.” They have since followed up by announcing that three new USA-made Magpul products for CZ’s popular Scorpion family are now shipping to distributors. The new offerings include a replacement pistol grip, an enhanced magazine release, and a 35-round PMAG. Rounding out the announcement is a two-minute video discussing features and benefits, and Magpul has updated their social media profile photos with a scorpion-themed version of the classic “M” logo.
The MOE-EVO Grip includes the following features, as listed on Magpul’s website:
- Optimized grip angle allows enhanced control with short LOP stocks and pistol configurations, either with or without a brace
- Aggressive TSP grip texture increases weapon retention in all environments and is substantially more durable than grip tape
- Ergonomic design mitigates fatigue and ensures ease of access to weapon controls while maintaining a secure grip
- High-strength injection-molded polymer construction
- Easily installs with a 3mm hex wrench
Magpul’s product page for the MOE-EVO Enhanced Magazine Release advertises the following:
- Increased surface area allows for better purchase and positive release activation while remaining low-profile
- Textured ridges and an easy-to-reach paddle allow ambidextrous use, with or without gloves
- Optimized lever angle for positive activation
- Durable, lightweight, high-strength polymer construction
- Installs easily with a 5/32″ roll pin punch
The much-awaited Scorpion PMAG offers CZ fans the following features as quoted from Magpul’s website:
- 35-round capacity with indicator windows at 10, 20, 30, and 35-round intervals
- Easy to disassemble design for cleaning
- High-visibility follower
- Advanced impact-resistant polymer construction
- Long life stainless steel spring for corrosion resistance
- Impact-resistant floor plate
- Paint Pen Dot Matrix for magazine identification
With some social media commenters already clamoring for more, such as different mag capacities and additional color options, don’t be surprised if Magpul continues to expand the product line. As you Scorpion owners begin to get your hands on these new parts, please feel free to comment and let us know what you think of them. See you at the range!
All images and quoted features are courtesy of Magpul Industries.