The big question is if this is another gadget that will just leave your long range shooting with even more confusion or the next “must-have-thing” to hit?
The Kestrel HUD connects to your Kestrel wind meter wirelessly, to enable you to see shooting solutions for up to 10 targets.
It’s like having a live DOPE Card attached to your rifle, that reacts to all the Kestrel sensors.
Below you can see pricing and features vs functions. Prices range from $399 to $589 depending on your choice.
Available options for the Kestrel HUD 5 Series Ballistics Heads Up Display include two types of remotes, and a Picatinny-rail mount, hardwire connection, timer, digital level and round counter are also included with the display.
The all new Kestrel HUD wirelessly connects to your Kestrel Ballistics Meter so you can easily see shooting solutions for up to 10 targets on this clear, convenient, gun mounted display, providing the fastest, most accessible targeting solution data available. Spotters can feed shooters updated target data on the fly and stage data is ready on the HUD as soon as it’s entered in the Kestrel, no more markers and masking tape. Let the HUD do the job of managing your target data so you can focus on shooting and hitting more targets.
- Single Target Screen – Displays accurate firing solution along with target and environmental details
- Custom Target Card Screen – View up to 10 targets without ever breaking out the scope
- Large Font Option – Experience better visibility with this enlarged, clear, easy-to-read screen (5700 Elite only)
- Stage Timer and Round Counter – Knowing your progress through a stage lets you make better decisions and hit more targets
- Remote Switch – Switch between targets and send target data to your Kestrel without changing your shooting position
- Live Updates – Target screens display live updates from Kestrel readings for the most relevant, valuable ballistic data
- DOPE Card Screen – Eliminates the need for sleeves, providing convenient eye-level access to targeting data
Nielsen-Kellerman Company designs, manufactures and distributes rugged, waterproof environmental and sports performance instruments for active lifestyles and technical applications, including Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters, Kestrel Ballistics Meters for long range shooting accuracy, NK Electronics for Rowing and Paddling, and Blue Ocean Rugged Megaphones PA Systems.
What do you think of the idea? Is this something you are planning on adding to your long-range rig, or are you going to keep it old school with paper and pen?
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.