FAB Defense have introduced their new handguard for AKs, the AK Vanguard. The new M-LOK compatible Vanguard has an integrated heat shield and comes with Picatinny rail sections which can be attached.
Here’s what FAB Defense have to say about the Vanguard:
FAB Defense is always pushing the limits of possibility with exceptional firearm accessories. The AK Vanguard is no exception, offering easy installation with a versatile, high-performance design.
The AK Vanguard is an M-LOK Compatible AK/AKM Handguard that installs without any alterations or gunsmithing. The simple integration makes this one of the most user-friendly handguard models on the market today. Combine the ease of use with the practical applications, durability, and cherished performance, and the handguard is a no-brainer install for anyone seeking a tactical advantage. The 12 and 6 positions on the rail are set up for easy installation of forward grips and optics. Plenty of space remains for additional accessories on the 2, 4, 8 and 10 positions as well. Three different 1913 M-LOK Picatinny rail sections are included in various lengths to provide unlimited options for custom configurations.
Adding a sling is simple. Two QD swivel sockets are integrated into the handguard. The sockets will accept your sling so the rifle can ride the shoulder comfortably while remaining accessible during the mission.
The AK Vanguard is loaded with impressive options, but the durability remains a core feature. The Polymer construction means this handguard is ready for serious abuse. An integrated heatshield creates proper thermal insulation, and the material itself is meant for the field. Install the AK Handguard, use the flexible railing system to perfect your accessory system and put this thing to serious use at the range. The AK Vanguard is mission-ready and built to perform.
Here are the specs for the AK Vanguard:
- M-LOK compatible handguard accepts direct attachment M-LOK accessories or M-LOK 1913 Picatinny rail sections
- Easy installation, no Gunsmith required
- M-LOK Slots at the 12 & 6 positions for mounting forward grips and optics
- M-LOK Side Slots at 2, 4, 8 & 10 positions for mounting additional accessories
- Innovative additional heatshield for proper thermal insulation
- Provided with three 1913 M-LOK Picatinny rail sections in various lengths
- Two integrated QD sling swivel sockets
- Extremely durable polymer construction
- Available in Matt Black, OD green & Flat Dark Earth
The new handguards are available with an MSRP of $77.50. Find out more over on the FAB Defense US website, here.
I like the styling, let us know in the comments what you guys think!