We caught up with Head Down Arms (HD) at TriggrCon 2019 to see what was new with them from the last time that we spoke this winter while attending SHOT Show 2019. Their newest product to the market that is not yet on their website is an AR-15 pistol purposefully engineered to help school resource officers overcome some of the challenges they face while protecting students on a campus. This new AR-15 pistol is aptly named the SRO (school resource officer) in 5.56 NATO. Head Down had these words to share about the product:
Designed specifically for School Resource Officers, the HD15 SRO C.A.S.S. (Covert Assignment Support System) allows you to have the power at hand to protect the facility and student body without drawing attention to yourself.
The SRO C.A.S.S. 5.56 NATO is decked out from the brace to the muzzle because it is meant to be a complete firearm for a school resource officer. They get the firearm, receive the backpack, and have everything they need all at once. All of the specifications for the Head Down SRO C.A.S.S. 5.56 NATO pistol can be read below as presented by Head Down:
- Mystery Ranch Urban Assault Pack (Multiple Colors Available)
- HD Rigid Velcro Insert, HD Rigid Rifle Sleeve & HD Dual Mag Carrier w/ DOTS Belt Clip
- Forged Upper & Lower Receiver
- ALG Enhanced Mil-Spec Trigger
- Salt Bath Nitride Bolt Carrier Group (MPI Tested)
- 10.5″ 4150/4151 CrMoV Barrel, Nitride Finished
- Law Tactical Side Folding Stock Attachment
- BCM Mod 3 Grip & SB Tactical SBA3 Pistol Stabilizing Brace
- HD15 Metal Folding Front & Rear Lockable Sights – Single Rear Aperture – H&K Style
- HD M-LOK 9″ Handguard
- Vortex Optics SPARC 2 MOA Red Dot & Streamlight Pro Tac Weapon Light
- Single Point Bungee Rifle Sling
- Ambidextrous Safety & Radian Raptor Ambidextrous Charging Handle
- H Buffer & A2 Flash Hider
- Two 30-Round Magazine & One 20-Round Magazine
- 1 M.O.A. Guarantee
This is a firearm platform that is available to both civilians and law enforcement. The MSRP for the AR-15 pistol as shown is currently $2,399. There is better law enforcement pricing available for departments upon request. Also, the Mystery Ranch Urban Assault Pack that is included with the rifle can be configured or built out to the specifications of any department upon request as well.
While it is obviously unfortunate that school resource officers are confronted with problems that require tools like this, the Head Down SRO C.A.S.S. 5.56 NATO AR pistol is a very discreet, compact package for those who are in need of such a tool. What do you think? Do you like the layout of the backpack? How the AR pistol is built out? Let us know all of your thoughts in the Comments below! We always appreciate your feedback.
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.