Doublestar has unveiled a Brand New AR Pistol leading into this fall and TriggrCon 2019 with their STAR10-P .308 Win which could be perfect for compact hunting, range fun, or competition. It utilizes their new Stronghold Pistol Grip with G10 Panels which by itself is rather impressive looking.
In a world that is heavily saturated with AR-15s and AR-10s of every shape and size, Doublestar managed to make something pretty unique in appearance. The textured, enhanced magwell paired with the Stronghold pistol grip gives it an almost medieval vibe to it. The complete specification listing for the STAR10-P .308 Win pistol can be read below:
- 12″ Free-Floating, Heavy S/S Barrel w/ 1:10″ Twist Rate
- Low Profile Gas Block & Direct Gas Impingement
- RASP Flash Hider
- 11″ CLOAK M-LOK Handguard
- Anodized, Flat-Top, Mil-Spec Upper Receiver w/ Brass Deflector & Dust Cover
- Billet Aircraft 7075 T6 Aluminum Lower Receiver w. Integrated Trigger Guard & Enhanced Magwell
- Strike Industries Charging Handle
- CMC 3.5 Lbs. Flat Trigger
- Strongarm Pistol Brace & Stronghold Pistol Grip w/ G10 Panels
- Overall Weight: 8.15 Lbs.
- One (1) 20-Round Magazine
With an MSRP of $2,299.99 it is definitely not considered a cheap AR pistol, but it has a fairly hefty spec list to back-up that asking price. It will be left up to the consumer as to whether a $2K+ price tag is appropriate or not, but even still Doublestar has some additional words to share in hopes of convincing you:
Whether it’s wild game destroying your property or an advancing enemy, the .308 powered STAR10-P has the power you need to stop the threat. Built with the same billet upper and lower as the original STAR10 rifle, the STAR10-P puts that power in a very manageable package. With features like the Strongarm Pistol brace and Stronghold pistol grip, the STAR10-P takes AR pistols to the next level.
For an AR-10 Pistol that is beefy yet compact like the Doublestar STAR10-P .308 Win, what do you think? Are you feeling the overall appearance of this package? Do you think it will be able to perform with only a 12″ barrel and that RASP Flash Hider? Let us know all of your thoughts in the Comments below! We always appreciate your feedback.
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.